Hard to believe October is over.....November is here tomorrow! We've been married four weeks tomorrow.....it's really flown by.
This has been a hard week for me - really long. Last night I cried for an hour thinking about how "stuck" I feel in this job. The last two weeks I've been here until at least 6pm, if not later, and I feel like I have no life anymore. I enjoy some of the perks of this job, such as freedom and being able to run my errands pretty much whenever I need do, but at the same time, I miss having a life in the evenings. Practically every time we make plans with friends, I don't get off work in time and we have to rearrange our plans or change them to another night, which sucks. I'm supposed to be out of here at 5:30, which is enough time to get home and get ready for evening plans, but when I'm still here at 6:30 with no idea of when I'm going to get to leave, it's frustrating for me and the ppl I have to keep calling to say "I have no idea when I'll be out of here...." Sometimes I really feel like I just have to catch the crap that falls here - if they stay late at work or leave at 4:30 for something, I'm just stuck here until somebody gets home to let me go.
Last night I was ready to come in today and say I quit - I can't do this anymore - I'm so burnt out with other ppl's kids.....but my sweet husband said to give it one more day and really pray for patience and understanding, and today has been better and I DO feel better. I have considered trying to find a part time, or at least not 55 hrs/wk, different nanny job but it's a scary thought to try to change jobs when I'm (for the most part) comfortable with this family.
I've considered a lot of things, and talked them out with Jay, and he has been SO wonderful - always says he will back me up no matter what I decide to do. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment