Friday, October 3, 2008

October 3, 2008

Gosh it feels good to not have to be at work today.....I got off yesterday a few minutes earlier than I thought - what a nice surprise! I was able to meet up quickly with a friend who's doing my makeup and then headed to Jay's. His parents and brother got in around noon, and his parents had gone to visit his grandparents, and by the time I got home, both guys were crashed out. Men, lol, they can sleep anywhere, anytime.

Last night was the "Miller dinner." It was a little overwhelming to meet so many ppl all at once, but I have had names memorized for nearly a year now and it was nice to finally put faces to names....and to remember them at the end of the night, too! We had a good time, and I was exhausted by the time I got home last night. I didn't get to bed until 1:30...trying to remember what all I need to take with me tomorrow for both the luncheon and the rehearsal.....constantly getting back up to grab something else and put it on the kitchen table so I wouldn't forget it. I am notorious for forgetting things I just reminded myself about five minutes ago, so I do things as soon as I think about them (hence the semi-random calls some of you get at all hours of the day from me lol). I think I finally got it all gathered up and a million post-it notes stuck to every conceivable place I will be looking today.

Today we have our luncheon at un-named location (haha Michael!!) and then we're going over to the church to help my mom set up tables and decorate, then back to the house for showers and to get ready for rehearsal. I had planned to wear a dress but it's like 50 degrees outside today lol. Go figure. I'm still wearing the dress b/c my dress-up moments come few and far between.

It feels good to finally be getting things done and old papers I dont need for this or that anymore thrown away (we all know how I like to throw things away and clean out/up). Makes me feel like I'm crossing things off my list and getting them accomplished and moving on to the next thing. That's why I pack two weeks in advance for things.....I cannot wait until last minute to do things.

I'm sure I'll write more later, but gotta go for now.

No comments: