I'm cheating a little and writing this on Thursday morning instead of Wednesday night. I'm sure you understand. =)
Wednesday we slept in and ate a late breakfast here at the house. Around 1pm (our time) we went out to the town square to check out the Ripley's Believe It or Not they have in town. It was not as good as they tried to build it up to be -- nothing really that interesting. We tooled around some souvenir shops after that and saw some really cool stuff, and I've come to realize that nature photographers must make a killing......note to self.
After that we tried to find a good lunch spot and ended up going in/out of a couple places before we made up our minds. We wanted to try this barbeque spot close to the house, but when we went in there was nobody by the door or front desk, just a bunch of ppl sitting around a table full of drinks in the back......they obviously saw us but nobody ever said anything, so we just left. Ppl here are very different than in the south - not nearly as friendly and they certainly don't seem to care if they get your business or not. Guess they get the other tourists who don't care if they're friendly or not. Hmmm.
We ended up going back into town for lunch at Mountain High Pizza Pie - REALLY good calzones here. It's been so long since I had carbonation and I was living high on that root beer, lol. We stopped by the grocery store on the way home to get some medicine for Jay (he's getting a cold) and some echinacea so I don't get it (yeah right) then went back to the house to take a nap before dinner.
For dinner we went to Silver Dollar Grill/Bar. It was really good food, though not a really big selection, and you can't mix/match. They had chicken I really wanted but I didn't like the side that came with it, so I had to opt for another meal choice.....very different here. Jay got a buffalo steak, and to be honest, I couldn't tell the different between it and regular beef steak, but it was really good. Not nearly as good as elk meat though - we're going back to that awesome Gunbarrel place on Friday night.
After a couple doses of Tylenol cold, Jay is feeling much better. And so far, I feel fine.....
More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment