Monday, October 6, 2008

October 6, 2008

Finally up....I cannot begin to tell you what yesterday was like for us. The morning was great but it quickly went downhill. We got up, got breakfast, packed up what we had unpacked the night before, and had to be at the airport at 1pm. All that part was fine.

We got some Mexican food at the airport for lunch while we waited for our flight to Denver. I do have to say it was really good food. We just split a sampler plate, so we ate the same thing.....later that turned out not to be so good. Anyway, our flight to Denver left around 3:30 and it was long but uneventful. I love flying but Jay hates it.

We got into Denver around 4:45 their time (6:45 eastern) and had about two hours to kill before our flight to Jackson Hole. We were hungry again for dinner, so we found a really nice club/grille in the airport and got some dinner. It hit me in the middle of dinner - if I dont find a bathroom or trash can now, I'm going to throw up all over the table. So I left to find a bathroom and he was getting all worried about me that something was wrong (oh, little did we BOTH know, lol). I ended up throwing up twice in the bathroom, felt a little better, and went back to sit with him while he finished his dinner.

As soon as we left the restaurant, he started feeling sick, too. I'll spare you all the details, but we both ended up throwing up several times in the wait for our JH plane. It was supposed to board at 6:30 and leave at 7:00, but the weather started getting really bad and other flights into Denver were being delayed, and a number of those flights were needing to connect to ours. We did board at 6:30...........and were stuck on the plane for TWO HOURS - both of us still throwing up from that Mexican food hours earlier. What a night, lol.

The plane finally took off at 8:30 (after the captain announced several times that we didn't have enough fuel yet and we had to wait for some more.....seems like that might be one of those things I wouldn't mentioned if I had a cabin full of irritated ppl....) The turbulence was pretty rough and we were both still feeling really rough.....I'm telling you that flight could not end soon enough, lol. We landed about 9:40 (keep in mind - 11:40 on eastern time and we'd been up since about 7:30 that morning).

We get into the JH airport (which is REALLY awesome, by the way - pictures to come later!) and both of us found the bathroom to throw up in one more time (lol). Then came more fun - the Dollar Rental that we reserved our car from (that I was told was IN the airport) --- five miles down the road. They close at 11:00. =) Another couple we had met on the plane was also honeymooning here and they had called to tell them our flight was late, so we got lucky - they sent a shuttle after us and we finally got there and were able to get our car and get stuff loaded. It was 11:30 by now (1:30 eastern) and we still had to find our resort lodge. The car rental (non-english-speaking) fellas (lol) were able to draw it on a map for us - that helped a lot; I dont know what we would have done if they didn't know where to point us.

I was feeling really sick by this point - I have never felt so sick in the stomach before. Jay was still sick but not to the point I was. We followed the guy's map and found the place right away --- only it was pitch black, no street lights, no signs pointing to any office, and we drove in circles for about half an hour before I just burst into tears, which is very uncharacteristic of me. I think I was just so frustrated from the afternoon/evening, so very tired, and just felt awful. We backtracked a few miles and finally found the main office for this place ---- nobody there. =) The number I had was an automated message with no option for talking to a live person. We finally found a number on the door to call that led us to a live person, and she gave us the lockbox combo and we got our key. We went back to the resort station and ended up trying to unlock a few other ppl's doors before we finally found the house that belonged to us --- it was 1:30 (3:30 easter remember...) in the morning now. I was still sick and crying (lol - poor Jay - trying to comfort and telling me it's ok).

So that was our horrendous day of traveling and I know it was the worst part and I'm glad to have it over with. Our house is amazing and really spacious and we love it. I'll post some pictures of it later, if I can figure out how to work his parent's camera. We were very fortunate that this house has its own washer/dryer, b/c all (yes, ALL) of our clothes and stuff in both our checked bags were soaked.....not sure how that managed to happen, but it's like they got dunked in a pool - everything was soaked and we had no dry clothes. So we put two loads in the dryer last night to get them all dry so we have something to wear out today. I think we're going to attempt to find (oh boy) a grocery store, too, to get some snacks and food and much needed non-soft drinks (lol).

Later! =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you are blogging on your honeymoon! Hilarious! Glad you feel better.