Monday, October 20, 2008

October 20, 2008

Been a few days....

I went to the DMV this morning to get my new license with my married name - the last big thing I had to to get it all changed over. I expected a long wait with both kids so I was prepared - coloring paper and gel pens (his favorite of mine) for him to color with while we waited; my car keys for her - all it takes to quiet her in even the worst tantrum - car keys. Whatever works. And go figure - we were in/out of there in ten minutes and both of them were perfectly fine. And now I have a drivers license with Miller instead of Adams and I LOVE it. =)

I was disappointed last night that my RedSox sucked. I thought the first three innings were great and maybe they were going to pull this off..............I thought too soon. It was just embarrassing to watch and I fell asleep in the 8th.....woke up in the 9th when Chip Caray was screaming (just like his dad and grand-dad used to do...) about the Rays going to the World Series. And I thought, "I'm gonna hear it from my brother-in-law" since we've had this ongoing "argument" (for fun) for the last two weeks about the Sox and the Rays. He loves the Rays since he's from FL, and I love Boston (simply b/c they have Jonathan Papelbon and the man can freakin' pitch). Two minutes later my phone starts ringing...............yep, he can't even wait until morning to rub it in, lol. Now I'm deciding if I want to root for the NL or the AL in the Series. I don't like the Rays necessarily, but I truly hate the Phillies b/c they (and their fans) are very rude.

The reunion was fun on Saturday - got to see some family I was hoping would come to the wedding, but didn't. We were kinda surprised in looking back at the guest list to those who had said they were coming and never showed up. But, I hung out there for a few hours before I had to leave for home. I was Jay's alarm clock to get up before work that evening. I brought him some food (Bucky's) we'd eaten for lunch - his favorite. =)

Guess that's it for now.

No comments: