Boy, that felt weird to write October instead of September. This year has just flown by...I can't believe it's already October. So far today is going a million times better than this time yesterday, lol. I realized yesterday how OCD I am about being on and staying on a schedule. I just do not do well when the schedule is broken or someone throws a monkeywrench into it. I like to know what's going on and when and what to expect before it happens. I know life is never like that, and this job especially is not like that. Just when I get into a groove and get the kids on a schedule that works well, something like yesterday happens and throws off the whole thing and I get aggravated with it.
Anyway....we're now just 2 days away and I am SO excited! I have to go by the bank today to deposit some change (thanks, Tim, lol) and see what our final balance is to take on our honeymoon (yikes [on balance not honeymoon]). I finished the rehearsal dinner seating cards this morning, and hopefully nothing else will change between now and then (see how that schedule/ritual thing falls into every category of my life?)
Today is my last full day of work (hopefully) and it will be full - I have to stay until 7:00ish, but as long as I'm still getting off somewhat early tomorrow, then I don't really mind. But if I'm still here at 5:30 tomorrow, I'm going to be unhappy about it. I need to remind her tomorrow morning about it, but that's still no guarantee I'll be able to leave. We have a dinner with Jay's extended family tomorrow night, and I'm really looking forward to it. They're all coming in tomorrow from Florida, Pennyslvania, Colorado, and Indiana, and it will be the first time I've met most of them. It's the beginning of the weekend "festivities"!!
I'm still going to be minus one bridesmaid on Friday for the rehearsal, and though I'm really disappointed about it, there's nothing I can do about it so we might as well make the best of it. We'll just have to show her where she stands on Saturday so there's no confusion, and I decided to put her last so it will be easier. Originally I was going back and forth between who was going 3rd and who was going 4th, but this finalized my decision. It will just be easier to have her as the last one. Monkeywrenches in my planning.....I hate it but again, nothing I can do about it.
Mom is taking Grandma back to the dr today - two weeks ago she fractured a bone in her foot when she fell in the hallway of their assisted-living home (her sixth fall since being there...hmmm....). Her foot and leg are both still bothering her a great deal so she's going to get it checked out again. She *may* be wheeled down the aisle Saturday instead of walking, but I am so thankful she's here for it. A year ago I wasn't sure she would be, and I'm starting to realize this may be the last grandchild's wedding she's able to be at. =(
No comments:
Post a Comment