Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1, 2008

I cannot believe it is already December!! I know I say a hundred times how fast this year has flown by, but it truly has. So much has happened this year that will remain wonderful memories for us as the years go on, and I'm only beginning to realize how much time flies when you're an adult. The carefree days of childhood are gone and you have to start making your own decisions and being responsible. And I love it.

This weekend was just what I needed - relaxing and quiet, and a slightly longer amount of time before I had to come back to work. Work.....ugh.

On Saturday, I gave Jay a haircut....all those gorgeous curls are gone. BUT ---- at least his head isn't shaved. He knew exactly how he wanted it and I (imagine this) actually cut it the right way. Usually I notch out a section and it looks awful, or make the bangs too short or whatever. I could never be a hairdresser, lol. Anyway, I cut his hair and it looks SOOOOO sexy - I love it more than any other haircut he's ever had. And that says a lot - I loved those curls.

Anyway, before I get off on a tangent there that nobody else wants to read about, I'll go on. After I cut his hair, I snatched Gavin into the bathtub to shave him down. Now, anyone who's ever had the pleasure of meeting Gavin just once in their lifetime knows this is no easy feat. Gavin is quick as lighting and when he decides he doesnt want to do something, there is no making him do it. I was able to hold him in the tub and cut maybe 3/8 of his fur, but he'd had enough and took off and there was no returning him to the tub.....at least not that day. His back half looks good though. =) I'll get the front half next weekend, lol. I was going to cut Baylee's as well; hers actually needs it more than his, but if he sees/hears the clippers come out before you actually catch him for his own cut, you can forget it. He'll never let you do it then. It took all day just to do that much.

So end of that saga.....more furcuts next weekend. On Sunday we went to church and then to Mom and Dad's for the usual Sunday lunch together. Sunday's sermon was so-so, not nearly as good as last week's.....I love the message but I think there were parts that were confusing to a lot of ppl and perhaps could have been worded differently. I do love that church though. My mom was telling me about someone she saw this weekend mentioning how she often saw us (my brothers and I) at church (meaning Southside) and Mom was like, "well, Gina and Jay haven't been to Southside in almost a year" ---- just goes to show ya, ain't nobody noticing who's there and who's not. Thanks, SF!

Here comes the good part. We went to look at some beagle puppies that are owned by a friend of Jay's that he hunts with every weekend. I have been planning to get Jay three puppies for his birthday in January, but, come to find out, the puppies are old enough to go now and will be too old by the end of January to start training. So......we came home with three puppies. Totally unexpected and unplanned. He picked two little boys out of one litter and one little girl from another, so one day he can breed them as they get older. The little girl, Bella, is 6 weeks old and SUCH a sweetheart! She was so quiet and shy for the majority of the afternoon, just hid in my jacket and wouldn't come out for anyone, but by the time they were all together in the pack'n'play last night, she turned out to be a rough and tumble little girl.....who bites hard.

The little boys, Henry and Sam, are 5 weeks old. I was surprised we were able to take them, as 5 weeks is really young to leave, but they're all eating solids very well. Henry is a real sweetheart who loves to cuddle and play quietly. Sam......is going to be trouble. He does not sleep unless someone is holding him. Instead, he sits at the corner of the playpen and whines/cries/bays/you-name-it, until someone picks him up. I was up ALL night, and when I say all night, I do mean ALL night. I didn't sleep at all. Since we are both gone 12 hours a day, we've turned their schedules around and make the day-hours their "nighttime" - meaning they get all their meals at night while we're sleeping. So I got up to feed them at 10:30 and again at 2:30, and in between those feedings, Sam cried until I held him. As soon as I put him back in the playpen in his bed with the other sleeping two, he would wake up and start again.....waking the other two.

So all night long that is what I did - feed, clean up poopy paper and pee paper, wipe their feet, put them in the potty box whenever they started to pee/poop elsewhere, and hold Sam. Bella and Henry are already getting the idea that they only potty in the box. Bella is perfect at it, Henry gets it most of the time. Sam.........no clue. I told Jay that this one is going to be trouble......the beagle that runs the deer and not the rabbit, lol.

But he loves those puppies already. He was so happy to get them (even though it was 2 months early) and tonight it's HIS night to get up and feed them. Ha! I'm sleeping tonight!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You crack me up! You do not need any more animals! You already have like a bazillion. At least I now know where the puppies came from though.

MillerFourWays said...

well....these are his, really. after they're 3 months or so, they'll be going outside in a kennel to begin training for hunting season, so they wont be "pets" anymore. =( I'm a little sad about that....they're so cute!