I have just not felt like blogging lately. Been so tired and trying to catch up and.....yeah, it's no excuse, but anyway, here it is.
Christmas went well. I was just not in a Christmas spirit this year - I dont know what it was, but neither Jay nor I really felt Christmas-y. We did enjoy the visit with his family and we had a great time, but it's always nice to get the house back in shape and time together again. I always feel like I havent seen him in weeks when we have company, even though he's right there the whole time. They got in about 3am on Thursday morning and we sat around for a few minutes, getting food put away and all, then everyone went back to bed until about 8am. We went to my parents for breakfast and stayed until noon or so, they went back to our house, where I honestly cant remember right now what we even did, lol. We had a good Christmas dinner and opened presents that night. Then on Friday we went to breakfast and Walmart for some stuff, then Chad and Jay went hunting for the afternoon. Turns out if they had gotten in the usual hunting spot, they would have a monster buck......but an ex-friend got to that spot first and he got it. Figures.....Jay was mad about that for awhile, lol. On Friday night we got pizza and rented a movie - "Fred Claus" - pretty funny. On Saturday morning I made egg/cheese biscuits while the guys were smoking a hog leg that Chad brought up. We had that for lunch and then went to my parents for dinner and games before they left for Florida that evening.
The biggest part of my week was - the beagles are now outside. I had an inner meltdown (no wild tantums or anything, just lots of tears of frustration) on Thursday afternoon. I'm SO tired of waking up at 2am smelling poop and then having to clean up tons of it every time I walk by the playpen.....I just couldn't do it anymore. So - we put Bishop back in his little cage and brought him back to the living room, and the beagles went in the outdoor pen. They have a red-light for warmth as needed and they're okay out there. They're a lot bigger than they were when we first got them, so I feel better about it. They eat 3x a day now (instead of 4-5 and during the night). We burned the playpen - it was beyond repair at this point. It's been through 3 litters of kittens, at least 3 puppies not including this litter, and various baby parrots......it's served its purpose and had a great life - we laid it to rest and I was not too sad to see it go.
Today I have the day off (I asked for it two months ago) and I'm glad I did - I was up really late last night getting the house back in the order I prefer it to be and I got up when Jay came in at 6:30am so we could go to breakfast. He had a rought night at work and was feeling down, so it's nice to spend some time together before he goes to sleep. He should be getting up pretty soon, though he doesnt have to go in until midnight tonight. I'm making steaks for dinner - yum!!
Guess that's it. I don't dread going to work tomorrow, b/c I *supposedly* only have to work tomorrow, half a day Wednesday, and Friday was optional. We'll see what the money situation looks like before I decide on Friday. After this week, there won't be any time off for a long time, plus the grandma is coming back to town soon and I HATE that, so I might as well take it while I have it, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment