Saturday, December 6, 2008

December 6, 2008

Today has been relaxing, though I've spent it all cleaning. I found a GREAT website with tips for cleaning every room of your house with vinegar/baking soda. I've scrubbed every single floor, door, cabinet, sink, tub, toilet, etc with this mixture and it is amazing the difference it makes. The floors look better and the whole house smells......clean, in a different way. It never has a smell b/c I always keep it clean, but it has a different clean smell this time, and I really like it.

I sprinkled baking soda on all the carpets and let it sit for 15 minutes. After I vacuumed it, the rooms all smelled extra fresh. I may use this method from now on.

I took the puppies to get their first shots this morning. They did so well! I held them all while we waited and they practically fell asleep......until they got the needle in the skin. Bella didn't make a sound and hardly even opened her eyes....the boys SCREECHED so loudly everyone else around us felt bad for them (lol).

They did really well last night. We went to dinner with Jay's friend and got back to the house around 7:45 - everybody was sound asleep by 8:30. The pups had been fed at 6:00 and I had planned to just see how long they would sleep before waking up to eat, since I'm home all day today and they dont have to stay on the usual schedule. They woke up at 10:00 to eat, and then again at 4:00, but other than that, they slept all night with no fuss. So far, so good! Jay has been taking them outside the last couple of days to let them sniff around and explore, and they really like it. However, they do not listen to him when he calls them to come back........they are more used to my voice than his, since I do most of the feeding, holding, changing of the bedding, etc. So I had to laugh when I got home yesterday afternoon and he asked me to "sweet-talk" Bella out from under the barn b/c she wouldn't come for him.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas. It will be so nice to see Jay's family again and have some extra time off work. Hopefully by then I will know for sure whether or not I am able to take this new job opportunity. They did say they were not averse to a contract, so that's a good thing. I wish there had been a written contract with this job - might have saved us all some "miscommunication" along the way. Not much longer......

No comments: