The last day of 2008!!! This is been by far the best year of my life - one of my biggest dreams came true when I married my best friend. He truly is my other half, my soulmate, my biggest encourager, best friend, and sometimes the only person who really understands me in all my weirdness. I'm a little sad to see this year go, but am also excited to see what next year brings. Maybe by the end of next year I'll be writing from a new(er) home, on new land, in a new town, hopefully able to work from home. Maybe a mini-Miller, maybe not. While I do have a touch of baby fever lately, I'm not totally prepared to give up all my freedom just yet. Plus there's that money issue - we have none, lol. But if it happens, it happens, and we will both be super excited. God always provides!
Tonight I have to babysit.....I might as well, b/c Jay has to work so there's nothing we can do to celebrate New Year's Eve anyway.....might as well make a few bucks, eh? So I'm leaving here around 3:15 or so (yay!) and have to be back around 8pm; hopefully I'll be outta here by 10:30 or so. I love how they originally say, "Oh, we won't be any later than 10:00, for sure. We don't like to be out late." Then it changes over time, to, "We should be back by 11:00 or so. If it's later, we'll let you know." Great. This reminds me of why I do not babysit anymore - I always hated being out so late and not getting to bed until midnight or after and most of the time still having to get up at the crack of dawn. But - I have tomorrow off and I plan to sleep in. =)
Tomorrow night we are having our annual Christmas dinner (better late than never) at my aunt's house. Which reminds me I need to find a recipe for broccoli casserole.... I think we're going to go early so Jay can hunt on the last day of deer season. Can't say I'm sorry to see that go. It will be nice to have him home on a Saturday for more than ten minutes before dinner. =) Too bad rabbit season goes through March. Then it's turkey month in April. My only reason to love summer is that there is no hunting. Sigh.
Better sign off for now. Almost time to go and I still feel like I need to puke. I would feel a lot better if I COULD puke. =(
Hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR and make it great!! Count your blessings - I'm still learning just how many I've been given. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment