Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December 16, 2008

Today has been pretty uneventful. The highlight of my day was lunch with Jessica (thanks, girl, for coming out when I was so bored!!) Right now I just got the kiddo out of bed from his nap (dangit) - he's already slept for 2.5 hrs and he's only supposed to have a 1-hr nap. **yeah right, haha** This is usually the hardest time of day for me - the time between the end of nap and when I go home....partially b/c I NEVER know how long that time frame will be. Might be 5:30, might be 6:30, I never know. (For instance, the dad just walked in the door [its 430] and I still will not be able to leave early....it will be every bit of 5:30 or after before he "realizes" what time it is.) Sigh. Again, that is just one of many reasons why I'm quitting (WOOOHOOO!!!)

I'm getting so excited for Christmas! I can't wait to give Jay his gifts - I got him some fishing and hunting stuff. I wish I could have gotten one big gift like he got me, but none of the things he wants/needs were within our spending budget, so I just took our budget and got him a bunch of littler things, so he has lots of things to open! We're going to dinner on Christmas Eve and opening gifts after that - I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to our annual Christmas breakfast at my parents' house - this will be the first year I haven't woken up at their house on Christmas morning and I love it - I loved all the childhood memories but this is still so much better, to be starting our own memories and traditions. His family will be here in time for this breakfast and it's always fun getting both families together. I think there are some other aunts/uncles and family friends coming for breakfast, so the more the merrier. If you are without tradition on Christmas morning, come join the fun!

No comments: