I got to work this morning only to find out the kiddo has strep throat and will be staying home......meaning I get off work around noon or so!!!!! I'm so happy! I really wanted to be at the house when Jay's friend gets here - I hate coming home after guests are already at the house.
Jay had puppy duty last night and it's always humorous - I wake up the puppies crying to eat......Jay sleeps on. So I usually just get up and feed them and clean up the potty box and put them back to sleep. Then he wakes up when I get back in bed and wants to know if it's time for them to eat, lol. It's just easier if I do it sometimes. But last night was different - I was sleepy from crying an hour straight when I got home (job-related) and had to get up this morning for work, while he is off work today. So last night - I woke him up and said, "They need to eat."
And went back to sleep.
lol. He did great - we're trying to really get them to poop/pee RIGHT after they eat, so there isn't such a mess in the playpen in the mornings for us to clean up. They woke up to eat at 4, then when I got up for work at 6:30, all the poop was......in the potty box!!! Yay!!! Very easy cleanup - no baths this time. Usually when I get home (I get home first most of the time) - the first thing I have to do is give them a bath and clean out the playpen from all the....well, you know. But Bella has learned how to get out of the tub and she never stays in one place anymore. This morning I got her out and she was following me all over the house while I got last-minute stuff done before I left. Shes fairly reliable about not peeing anywhere - she just wants to be wherever I am, getting into something and barking, lol. She's so cute.
We figured out last night that Sam is sick - he had diarrhea (if you dont like details, dont read any further) the night before but when we put them in the bathtub to eat (they're messy) he was having watery diarrhea and a couple drops of blood. So I looked it up and most advice says to give him wormer. Some advice mentioned parvo and that scares the crap out of me. But Jay called his friend who bred those puppies and he said to give them wormer. So my sweet husband went out to Tractor Supply at 8pm to get the last bottle they had and we wormed all three of them. This morning Sam's stomach didn't look nearly so bloated and he wasn't scarfing his food down like he'd never eaten before. So here's hoping it's just worms and not parvo. Neither Bella nor Henry are acting this way and they dont have diarrhea, and if it were parvo, they'd all have it, especially Henry since they are brothers from the same litter.
Anyway, it's 10am now and I'm so looking forward to a slightly longer weekend than I was expecting. I hope I dont get the strep but I am HIGHLY prone to it, so we'll see. Glad I have some antibiotics at home, just in case.
Have a great weekend! 19 days til Christmas! (I dont count the day-of.)
No comments:
Post a Comment