So far this day has been pretty boring. Jay left around 6am for rabbit hunting and I got up about 6:30 b/c the puppies were pretty hungry. They've been doing really well about sleeping all night. I fed them and cleaned their playpen, fed the rest of the dogs and let everyone out to potty, then got started on all the cleaning I wanted to do.
I washed all of the blinds in the kitchen and living room, washed all the windows in those rooms, dusted and wiped Pledge on all of the ceiling fans and furniture throughout the house, vacuumed all the carpets, swept and mopped all the floors, changed the sheets on our bed, and spruced up the guest room for when Jay's parents come. That took four hours and I was exhausted, lol. It was time for the pups to eat again, then I took them outside to play for awhile.
I went to Great Clips to get my hair trimmed.....ended up getting a stylist who looked like she didnt even own a brush -- that's always reassuring. But she did an okay job - I wish she had trimmed more off the back but it'll do.
Jay got home about 4:00 and we ate an early dinner at 5:30. He just went to bed about a half hour ago to sleep for a few hours before he has to be at work at midnight. He's bummed about having to go to work again .....it discourages me b/c I certainly understand how he feels.
On that note - yesterday we both went to meet with the guy who is offering me the new job. He was really nice and funny and it seems like a PERFECT job fit for me. I remember saying that about the nanny job about a year ago, and while it is a good job for my personality, the hours are not. I still have to meet with his wife on the Monday after Christmas and talk through all the other details, but we pretty much laid it all out yesterday and talked about what he/they were looking for, what I am looking for, etc. It was a great time and I am really looking forward to this new opportunity. I can't wait to get back to a decent work schedule and not feel like I'm constantly tied down to my job. I will be working 25-30 hours a week for the same money I make now.......wonderful!
1 comment:
Yay for you! Hopefully this will all work out for you and you will be happier.
Post a Comment