Thursday, December 18, 2008

December 18, 2008

Well, I woke up saying this and I'm going to continue saying it throughout the day as necessary - I am determined to make this a good day. (Okay, I started out saying "great day" but I'll settle for "good day.") So far, so good. I'm on my own with Allie here and that's always the best - I hate it when one of them is here - it just bugs me in a way I can't explain. I never feel totally free. I did get up the nerve to ask her this morning if the two holidays next week are paid holidays for me.....she kinda bumped around the answer but I think she settled on Christmas day is paid but I'm still not sure about Christmas Eve day. It should be but.....we all know how that goes. I'm trying to remember the holidays I've had here and whether or not they were paid. I know Memorial Day was paid and I think 4th of July was and I dont remember about Labor Day. I am dead-positive she did NOT pay me for Thanksgiving day. I worked that Monday, Tuesday and Friday but I was only paid for 3 days that week. So technically that leaves me at least 2 more paid holidays before the year is over......it will probably be Christmas day and New Years day.....she did mention that but I wasn't aware I was getting New Years day off. That would be nice as long as it's a paid day. We don't all have thousands in our checking account that we can just draw off of when necessary.....some of us live paycheck to paycheck pretty much and I'm not usually too depressed about that, b/c we ARE getting a lot of debt paid off as well as paying monthly bills and still having a little to put in savings each month so it's working.

Jay found out last night that he has to work Tuesday night as well as Monday next week. We knew about Monday but had already planned a family Christmas dinner at my aunt's since we weren't able to make any other time work before his family got here......so now we're switching it all up again.....trying to see if Sunday afternoon might work or perhaps even Saturday evening. I really don't like having to do it further away from Christmas b/c then it just doesn't seem as real, but it is very important to me to have him there so I'll go along with whatever day works. This is our first married Christmas and it would not be at all the same to go to a family Christmas dinner without him. He's come to the last TWO Christmas dinners that my family has had and we weren't even married then.....shoot, at the first one we weren't even officially dating yet, just good friends.

Anyway, I digress so easily....must be that attention-deficit problem I have. Seems to run in our family - we can go from one point to another to yet another and never even realize we made the switch......then (at least for me) I have no idea what I was even talking about when the conversation started.

Sometime between now and Sunday I have to do some serious grocery shopping. I clipped a bunch of coupons for some things at Rite-Aid and there are some good sales going on at Bloom, Ingles, and some other place I can't remember right now (see? that ADD thing again....) I may try to do some of it today if Allie wakes up early enough from morning nap. I did do all my house-cleaning last night so I don't have too much to do Saturday except maintain it and probably dust furniture. It would be nice to get some of it out of the way. I want to stock up on a lot of things we use often so I don't have to make a grocery trip every week or twice during the week. When I get off work, all I want to do is go home - I don't like having to stop here or there if I don't have to. Hence, I usually do my grocery shopping on Monday mornings with Allie and then take it all back to my house and unload it. She's not a big fan of my house b/c all the dogs usually bark at her for a minute or two and she doesn't really know what to think. Her dog never barks unless FedEx is here (in the middle of naptime ALWAYS and he feels he has to ring the doorbell at least 3 times.....thanks, dude).

I never plan to write so much in this blog, especially in the mornings when I first open it up. It just kinda flows out. There's nobody here to talk to (that knows how to carry a conversation, anyay) so it gets really lonely sometimes, so I talk through the blog. That's okay, right? Don't tell me if it's not. I like to live in my own reality sometimes - it's a happier place.

No comments: