Monday, December 8, 2008

December 8, 2008

Wow, lots coming up to look forward do, both this week and in the coming weeks. On Wednesday morning I'm having an early lunch with a dear friend I haven't seen in weeks, and then after work I'm going to pick up the last of the things we're packing up for the Lilyeas. Then on Thursday night, we're going to Jingle Jazz with my parents and two sets of aunts/uncles. I'm really looking forward to that. Then on Friday, I have a day off......I need to remind her about it, too, b/c I know if I wait til Thursday to mention it, it will be like a brand-new request. But regardless of response, I will NOT be at work on Friday. Lots to do! Jay and I are delivering all the boxes to the Lilyeas that morning, then we're both meeting with a guy about my new job opportunity. Then hopefully I still have time for a haircut b/c I need one, lol.

Today has been a pretty good day....though I hesitate to write that b/c it usually makes the details change, lol. But so far, so good. I was sound asleep by 9pm last night and woke up to puppy crying at midnight. After I fed them, they pretty much went right back to sleep. They are doing SO much better than this time last week. The sound machine helps a lot - drowns out the noises of us talking or tossing/turning at night, etc. We're still having an issue with puppy diarrhea and going wherever they feel like it in their playpen, but.....I dont really know how to fix that. I've never kept multiples in that playpen or tried to potty-train multiples. It's almost pointless to take them outside six times a night b/c in a month or two's time, they'll be outside in their kennel and it wont matter. But for now, I'm washing a lot of old crib sheets/handtowels and spraying Febreeze freely. The house does not smell but the moment I smell poop when I walk in the door is the moment they move OUTSIDE. So far, so good (again).

I'm really looking forward to Christmas and seeing Jay's family - it's such a fun time and we really only see them 2-3x a year. Next year we're planning to go to Florida for Christmas, barring anything unforseen. It will also depend on our jobs and the time(s) we get off, too.

No comments: