It's speech day. That means it's going to be a long afternoon. Kiddo has a field trip where he will eat lunch, so that does help a lot - one less thing I have to cram in to the afternoon. It the rain holds off long enough, we're going to the park for an hour or so before his speech therapy appt at 2:00. This time, Allie and I will be waiting in the car. It is near impossible to entertain her for an hour when she's so exhausted. So maybe she'll sleep in the car. Or maybe she'll just scream in the car.....either way, we're waiting in the car until he's finished.
I don't know why I am so exhausted this week. The last two nights I've gotten at least 7-8 hours sleep, pretty much non-interrupted. I dont know if the lack of sleep from last week is just now catching up to me or what, but yesterday and today, I can hardly keep my eyes open. It's a weird feeling - not just sleepy or tired, but that word "fatigued." Jay was so sweet last night and got up to feed the puppies at 10:30 when they fussed, then cleaned their playpen at 4:00 when he got up. I have been getting up between 4:30-5:00 in the mornings though - I wonder if that has much to do with why I'm more tired than usual? It's nice though to be able to get a couple loads of laundry done and the dishes washed/put away and the bed made and other miscellaneous things, in the couple of hours before I have to leave for work. It makes me not feel so rushed than I do when I get up at 6:30. When I get home in the evenings I'm so tired I dont feel like doing all those things and I dont want them to get piled up.
I'll be glad to get all those boxes out of the living room, too - we're delivering those Friday morning. There are about 12 boxes piled up in our living room - most of them wrapped gifts, 3 of them filled with food items, that we're taking. We're also giving them our old desktop computer and the big computer desk, b/c I am desperate to get that thing out of the house so we can have more room in the guest room. We just flat out have too much stuff in this house and it (the house) is too small to keep putting more things in. The "pink" room (dubbed that title b/c of the carpet color) is where the dog crates are and all of Jay's hunting/fishing stuff - we had to designate an actual room for it b/c there is so much of it and I got tired of constantly picking up things from the bedroom or living room, and he got tired of not being able to find things after I put them somewhere. So the designated room has worked out really well. I get a little panicky when I think about the possibility of putting a baby in that house - where would we put it?? The hunting/fishing stuff would all have to be moved to the garage (he said so, not me, lol) and the guest bed moved into the pink room......I dont even know what we'd do with the dog crates. They could probably stay in there - there's room for it all if it's rearranged the right way. I dont have to think about that right now.
Tomorrow night is Jingle Jazz - I'm looking forward to it! I know a lot of work/prep goes into this every year, for everyone, and it's always a fun night. I'm super excited about having the day off on Friday - I dont even care that it's sans pay - I just need some time to SLEEP and be free of kids. Jay is rabbit-hunting on Saturday morning so I will be sleeping in as long as possible and then doing my usual Saturday deep-clean. I do love cleaning - I just have to be in the mood for it. I'm trying to keep everything "kept up" after the deep clean, so it's not as much to do the next Saturday. Then I wont have so much to do to get ready for holiday company. Shoot, two weeks from today is Christmas Eve! Time flies when you're an adult.
**Edited to add** Today as I was leaving CDS, my car battery died and it wouldn't start. Of all people, my mom happened to have stopped CDS to say hello since her last appt didn't go as long as it did. She had jumper cables in her car. :) If she hadn't come by, I would have been stuck downtown in a tiny parking lot with a bunch of ppl who dont speak English, with two very tired children, and no way to get my car started. God is good. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment