So today I had no idea what to expect when I walked into this house. Will I be responsible for 2 kids all day or just 1? Will 1 child be in/out all day so I am confined to the house awaiting his return? Will I be pulling out my hair all day waiting on said child to go on said outing with unsaid but obvious parent whenever said parent decides to leave?
Alas, I have been responsible for 2 kids today but it has not been near the dramatic experience I feared it might be. We went to Monkey Joe's and lunch, and now it is naptime and the only debacle I've faced is when in the world is it my turn to pee? Not easy when you're tugging 2 kids around.....again, I am grateful for naptime. :)
Tomorrow will be interesting......kiddo is supposed to be going with said parent on all-day or most-of-the-day outing. Hope he sticks to it. We'll find out. Otherwise, I dont know what we're going to be doing tomorrow, b/c it's cold and MJ's 2 days in a row isn't really an option.
This weekend we had our "personal" Christmas - just Jay and me. We went to dinner at City Range (I will never recommend it - it was mediocre, at best....more on that later.) Then we went home and unwrapped presents and stocking gifts. I already knew what I was getting since we ordered it together, but I still love it! I got a medium-sized stand-up jewelry armoire - it's what I really wanted. My little plastic box isn't doing the job anymore for all the earrings I keep collecting, plus we really need the counter space in the bathroom for more important things like makeup and deodorant, lol. We had a great time! I wish our dinner experience had been better - I've heard such wonderful things about this restaurant, but the highlight of our dinner was the free bread, lol. We both ordered steak and a baked potato, but both steaks turned out to be pretty much 90% fat. The 10% we were able to eat was delicious - very well seasoned, but a big disappointment that this was all there was to it. The potatoes were okay, and we both got salads b/c we were led to believe by our waiter that this was part of the entree. It wasn't. We didn't know that until we got the bill and saw we were charged extra for it, and felt quite misled afterward. We did not stay for dessert - we went elsewhere. So, all in all, I wouldn't recommend it. It's a fancy little place for mediocre (at best) food for a very expensive price. We'll know better next year! :)
This weekend I borrowed my uncle's carpet cleaner. I started in the guest room and by the time I finished that room, I finally got the hang of how to work it. It does an amazing job! The guest room and the "pink room" (what we call it b/c it has that color carpet, ugh) are now cleaned and deodorized. The dogs (okay, just Stinky and Gavin) sleep in the pink room and all of Jay's hunting/fishing stuff is in there so it sees a lot of foot traffic and mud from Jay's shoes. Her Majesty refuses to sleep in there and sleeps on a down comforter on the floor on my side of the bed. I can't blame her - she's almost 8 years old and NEVER had to sleep either in a crate or w/o me, so trying to get her to do either of those is just impossible now in her old(er) age. Unless we want to hear her bark all night, we just let her bed down in her comforter beside the bed.
Anyway, back to the carpet cleaner - I started on the living room carpet and was APPALLED at how much dirt it was pulling up. I knew that carpet was dirty, but good grief - now I'm imposed to making a "no shoes in the house" rule which we all know will not be followed. I got about 80% of the living room done before I ran out of shampoo, so I had to wait until today to pick up some more. Expensive crap, too - $20 for a bottle of it. Sheesh. I still have to do the remaining section of the living room and then do the master bedroom and I'm finished. I might move the couch and shampoo underneath it, but I'm undecided about that at the moment. For that matter, I might as well just wait until the Christmas tree is out so I can do that section, too, and have Jay move the gun cabinet so I can shampoo under that. Might as well do it right. Only problem is - I have no TIME to do this unless it's on a Saturday.
One day down here (almost), one day to go......and a half-day. I wish I hadn't said I was free that morning, but we DO need the money. Lots of ideas/things going on in the Miller household that are going to require more money than we make, lol. If all goes well, we will be moving next summer. Praise the Lord - I hate that house.
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment