This has day has been horrible from the get-go. I didn't sleep very well last night and it always sucks having to get out of a warm bed when my hubby doesnt have to work that day.....I just want to stay there! Anyway, cleaned up puppy poo and started a load of poop/pee sheets, fed the puppies, let other dogs out to pee, fed them, dressed myself, got ready (hair, makeup, etc), ate breakfast, kissed my babe goodbye, and left. (In the midst of all, dropped four things on the same big toe, spilled a glass of water everywhere, and broke up a dog fight. Bad day already.
Got to work - kiddo is sick again. Great. Big decision on whether or not he goes to school. His dr appt is not until 3:20 and if he has strep again, then he is CONTAGIOUS. So.....he went to school! Wow. Good for me, not good for all those kids. He had a Christmas play so the dad picked him up, I was told he wouldn't be back until after his appt - he just rolled in (at 2:15) so dad can "do some paperwork" (that means hide in his office so he doesnt have to deal with his kids) for an hour until they leave (they'll leave late, I'm sure). So I'm left to deal with a sick and WILD kid who isn't going to take a nap and guess what? When he gets back from his appt, I'll be stuck with a kid who has not had a nap and we will both be in tears by 5:30, since I'm sure I won't get to leave early. He just will NOT take his kids earlier than he absolutely has to.
Anyway, backing up. Got an email this morning from the guy I interviewed with last Friday - turns out his wife doesnt want to pay for more than 15 hours a week, and the absolute least I can do is 25 hrs. So that made my day ten times worse. Now I feel so totally stuck here. I was counting on that job and on being out of here by New Years and now I'm so disappointed. I tried to keep the attitude that if it didn't work out, then I'm meant to be here, but it just feels so AWFUL to know I have to stay here longer than planned. I'm so tired of feeling like somebody's hired hand to just catch all the crap they dont want to deal with.
**Edited to say** He left for the dr appt at 3:05 and I finally got Allie to nap about 30 minutes ago. I feel more rested now and just ready to go home and clean something (my stress-relief.) Jay has to work tonight (sigh) so I'm on my own. Maybe I'll just cuddle puppies for awhile.....that's a proven pick-me-up, isn't it? Jay's been working with them on tracking a rabbiy hide - they do well until Bella knocks the boys out of the way and grabs the hide and takes off with it and Jay has to chase her.....she doesnt listen to him....its pretty funny. She's a true-blue Momma's girl but she is WICKED when she wants to be. Still the prettiest of them all though. :)
I hope its sunny tomorrow.....maybe that's why I feel so blue (okay, grouchy) lately. It doesnt help that we aren't able to get out of the house after naptime to go to the park or anything. That and Christmas is coming up and the excitement of it all easily gets to kids. It just dawned on me that Monday and Tuesday there is no school for him.........sigh. Hope she refills the money box so we can go to Monkey Joes. :) Who's with me?? Soooo worth it - ten bucks and turn 'em loose for hours upon hours. Take a few snacks and drinks in the diaper bag, a few bottles and graham crackers for Allie, the laptop for me, and I'm set! He will play there for HOURS and it's great come nap-time ---- 1 exhausted kid, 1 exhausted baby b/c she refuses to nap there = easy and quiet afternoon for me.
They just came back in the door downstairs so I better go. No chance he'll actually let me leave 45 minutes early though........heaven forbid he play with his own kids.
Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment