Sunday, December 14, 2008

December 14, 2008

Today has been super boring. Jay got home from work about 6:30 and fed the pups while I cleaned their playpen, then we both went to bed. I got up to whiny puppies at 9:30 and tried to keep them quiet while Jay slept, since he has to be at work tonight. They woke him up anyway and he moved to the guest room at 10:00, and ended up getting up at 10:30. I made us breakfast and he went back to bed again at noon and so far, is still asleep. :)

I've had puppy duty all day and have taken them outside to play a couple of times - they are hilarious to watch when they run through the leaves and fall over things. Bella chased Baylee around for a long time and when Baylee can climb the hill, Bella tries to and just ends up falling and rolling all the way down. I did find they are all three terrified of Gavin's "warning bark." He barks when he and Baylee are playing fetch and when he's excited, but his warning bark is very different. A car stopped right outside our driveway and he started the warning bark. All three puppies came HAULING butt toward me and started trying to crawl up my legs, crying and begging to be picked up. I sat down with them and they were all crawling up to be held and whimpering, and kept looking back at Gavin like they didn't know what was going on. I took them up to the porch to play and Sam made a bad choice - he went after a piece of dog food that was in Stinky's bowl, at the same time Baylee was going after it..........Sam got bitten in the face - not too bad, but enough to make him howl and cry all over again. So we just went inside to try to be quiet again. Bella and Henry are in the playpen asleep now, but Sam is still in my lap, shaking. Poor thing - he's been through a lot more than the other two and it takes him a long time to calm down enough to be put down.

We run such a freakin' spoiled zoo, lol.

No comments: