I slept SO good last night - I forgot how wonderful it feels to sleep the whole night through. I fed the puppies when I got home at 6:30 and they usually wake up for another feeding around 11:30-12:00.....not last night! They slept all night long - I dont even remember hearing them whimper. There was a gigantic mess in their playpen this morning, but that's okay. Nothing can render (Joe?? I used your word!) my good mood today - I have tomorrow off and I just have to get through this day. I asked this morning to please be sure I was off on time --- let's just say I got a less than satisfactory answer. I was thinking this morning -- I know I mentioned that last Thursday I didn't get off until after 6:30 b/c that was when the parent rolled in -- how much grief would I catch if I decided to be an hour late and show up at 8:30 instead of 7:30? It would put them in a bind, right? My point exactly. When they dont show up on time and I'm late leaving, it puts ME in a bind. And tonight is Jingle Jazz and I do NOT want to be late again for something.
Jay works a half day on Thursdays and has a lot to do when he gets home - hopefully he will be able to get the air vent fixed under the house where the dog(s) (I'm not sure who did it - one of the fellas) chewed it up. Then we can run the heat/air conditioner again. Though the last couple of days have been great - the weather has been so nice, we haven't needed it.
I think he's also going to try to finish his brother's Christmas present.....a large shadow box for a team jersey. It's technically a work in progress for the last 18 months. It was originally going to be a wedding present but it never got finished in time for his brother's wedding, then they ended up divorcing anyway (good riddance) so it's a good thing it wasn't finished. So far it looks awesome - the only thing left to do is put the glass in in - not an easy task. He's already gone through three pieces of glass trying to make it work. He gets it cut down to size and 3 corners put in, but as soon as he gets that 4th corner fitted, the whole sheet breaks. So I dont really know how he's going to remedy that, but he always amazes me at the creative ways he finds to do/fix things. He's so smart like that. =)
Sometime this weekend, I think he's also going to start working on the outdoor beagle kennel. He's going to put them out beside the barn where Bishop stays - it will be a lot cheaper than building a new kennel elsewhere on the property. Poor Bishop - now he'll never sleep at night with all the noise they make, lol. In a way I'm ready for them to move outside, but in another way it makes me kinda sad. I like taking care of them and they are SO cute and cuddly, but they poop a LOT and then walk in it and it makes a ginormous mess in the playpen and I wash at least one load of their laundry a day, as well as giving them baths when they get so messy. They're getting better at going just in the potty box, but then somebody will walk in it and track little footprints everywhere, so the whole sheet set has to be changed out. They're so funny in the mornings though - I get them out and wash their feet, then let them run around the house while I change their bedding. They follow me everywhere b/c they know its time for breakfast and they think they're starving to death. They sit at my feet by the kitchen sink while I get their food ready and Bella always puts up a huge commotion b/c I don't feed her first. I have an order - Sam, Bella, Henry. It takes about 2 minutes per puppy to feed them, and since we've been giving them dry food, I have to hold them in one arm and the bowl in the other, or they just knock over the whole bowl in anticipation of getting to the food. Sam is always the hungriest (little runt won't grow!) so he eats first, while Bella screams at my feet and Henry tries to climb me. He never cries unless he's hungry - such a good dog. =) Then I put Sam back in the playpen and feed Bella, who takes her sweet time licking the food first then deciding to actually eat it. Then she gets run of the house (she behaves for the most part) while Henry eats. Watching Henry eat is hilarious - he is the biggest chowhound I've ever seen. You have to really have a grip on the bowl b/c he chows down and just can't get enough. And you can NEVER take his bowl away until he's eaten every last piece or he'll keep pushing at you with his feet to follow the bowl wherever it's going. I dont even think he chews his food, he just inhales it. Funny little boy. Then he goes back into the playpen with Sam and I have to chase down Bella to put her back in, too. This morning she and Baylee were playing chase in the living room and Baylee was acting so offended when Bella got close, but if Bella stopped playing, Baylee would come after her and get her riled up again. What a zoo we run.
I'm meeting tomorrow with the guy who offered me the new job - I dont think any decisions will be made tomorrow, b/c I still have to meet his wife, but hopefully we can arrange that soon. I've really been praying about this - that the door will either be wide open or obviously shut, for whatever reason. As desperate as I am to be free of this time-consuming job, I still want to do the right thing for me and for us and for our future. It sounds like a the truly perfect job for me, but if there is something obvious that stands out, I will not take it. It would be wonderful hours and even more wonderful money, but I really do want to do the right thing. So I'll update you more on that tomorrow afternoon.
I think I'm headed to the bank and the grocery store after Allie wakes up. I have a few more things to get for the Lilyea boxes and then they will be finished! I'm looking forward to getting our living room back - at least half of it (literally) is full of boxes for them. I don't know where in the world she's going to put it all - that house is packed from floor to ceiling and wall to wall with stuff as it is. I'm looking forward to seeing the little ones tomorrow - the older half will be at school but I can spend some time with my littler friends while the boxes are unpacked. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment