Friday, November 28, 2008

November 28, 2008

Looking back on all the jobs I've ever had - I think this might be the first time I've ever had to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Not that I wish to go shopping - I am not a big shopper, partially b/c I believe that just b/c you have the money, you shouldn't necessarily spend it. I dont care how good the "deals" are - somewhere down the line, that stuff has been marked up and then down a little so you think you're getting a FANTASTIC deal on something you really don't need in the first place - they're still making their money. I've learned over the years that if I buy something b/c it was a great deal and I spent the money I really didn't need to in the first place, something will always come up where I will need that money and I'll wish I hadn't spent it so foolishly. Hence I do not shop on Black Friday, or any other day if it's not something we don't HAVE to have. Good luck to those of you who went out in the middle of the night. =)

Last night was fun - dinner at my aunt's house. There were about 20 ppl there and we had great food. We were both exhausted and left to go home at 7:15......were both sound asleep by 8:30, lol. The last two weeks we've both been asleep by 9:00 at the latest and it's really helped both of us get through our days. It's just so hard when you're both working 11-12 hour days and not going to bed until 11pm and having to get up at 4am and 6am. I will be SO glad to go back to PT work - I cannot wait!

No comments: