Friday, August 22, 2008

July 21, 2008

I had my first shower yesterday and it was so much fun!! Thanks so much to Grace and Jessica for planning it!!!! Grace - you did SOOOO much to make that day go so well and I'm so grateful! Everyone seemed to have a good time. We had a full truckload of stuff (as Jay says) to take back to the house and unload into its new place. I debated for awhile whether or not to keep it boxed until we get married or go ahead and start using some of it, and he wants to use it, so we are. Some things didn't have the choice - like the silverware his mom got us. We're down to 3 spoons in our house lol, so the new silverware has to be cracked out and used. So I think while I'm off next week, I'm going through cabinets and drawers and getting rid of a lot of stuff we dont need or regularly use (before he comes home and realizes what I'm doing lol....he HATES throwing stuff away, even rusted kitchen spatulas that arent usable).

Which brings me to my next point.........I have a WHOLE WEEK OFF next week!!!!!! I can't wait! I need time to myself and the thought of having to wait until October for it....well, sucks. But the family I nanny for is going to the beach for a week. I'm going to sleep, clean out cabinets, sleep, organize the kitchen, sleep, possibly paint the cabinets, sleep, relax while watching old movies that I love, spend more than 2 hours at a time with my love, oh, and sleep. And maybe working a day or two at First Pres if needed, for extra income. I miss the days of only working 9-2......I realize now how incredibly simple and easy that job was, or at least the time frame. It was nothing compared to the 10+ hours a day I spend here. I'd go back if I could afford to, but alas, we are broke and I cannot.

So four more days until I am free for a whole week!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: