Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 28, 2008

(Happy birthday Jess!!)

Back to work today. Cant say I'm super excited about that; I really enjoyed having a weekday off to get much-needed things done. I like this job for the most part, but it does take up my entire day. I have no time to get things done unless I do it in the mornings around the baby's naptime, and even then my outings are limited. I need to go down to the church with my brother one day, but I dont have time to drive down there and back before I have to pick up the other one, so....I feel very limited and trapped most days. I'm definitely going to need that week off in September to get most of it finished.

So I was all ready to start this diet today. I made a ginormous pot of the soup last night, even tried some for dinner so I'd know what I was getting into (kinda tasty!) Then I put it into containers and left them at Jay's house. Oops. So I will be starting tomorrow - I promise. I'm kinda looking forward to it to see how well it works, or if it will work at all.

I went to David's Bridal yesterday for my 2nd (and apparantly, final) fitting. I was really nervous as I was putting it on.....what if it doesnt fit, even after all my hard work with Weight Watchers and the stupid gym.....? Mom went to zip it up, I held my breath (not sucking in, just holding it from being nervous).....and up it went. The whole way, no problem. It looked great and I was so excited! It fits perfectly - and after this diet, hopefully will even give me a little breathing room. I'm glad, yet sad, that I only have to wear it for a few hours.

We had our last meeting with my uncle, who is performing our wedding. We got the ceremony outlined the way we want it, and all the chapters finished in our book (glad that's over with). It was a good book but we didn't get to meet regularly, due to my job never giving me much free time, so we were often reading 3-4 chapters at once and by the time we all met up, we had forgotten what we read.

We applied for our marriage license yesterday and it will be mailed to us today. Exciting!! Then we went to the bank and had Jay's name added onto my checking account, b/c my bank is the one we're going to be using. It's where our joint saving account is, so it just made sense to keep everything there. The guy was a total weirdo and so nosy - wanted to know everything about everything - how long we'd been together, where we were getting married, where we were going on our honeymoon and for how long, what there was to do there, blah blah blah. I know he was probably just making conversation but after awhile we were both like "does this have anything to do with the checking account? then quit asking so many questions." Don't ask so many question of two very private people - if we wanted you to know all about us, we would offer information. He even said Jay's social security number sounded like a Florida social (????) but.......Jay was born in Indiana so that had NOTHING to do with the price of rice in China and I think he was just being nosy by that point. Anyway, we got that done and got the heck outta there.

Then we went to Verizon where the drama unfolded. My new-every-two ends next Tuesday....5 days from yesterday, okay? Now, I have had serious issues with the last two phones I've gotten from Verizon. I had a Motorola a couple years ago and went through 3 batteries with the stupid thing - even though I charged it only when I was supposed to, and always gave it a full charge, never used the car charger, etc. So I went back to my old LG phone b/c I was tired of buying batteries for the Motorola. Same thing now - in less than one year's time, I'm on my second battery with this one and I'm tired of it. Every time I talk to them about it, I get the same spiel. So I explained this to the saleslady and said, since mine was up in just a few days and I have a 20 second charge on this phone, it's very inconvenient - can I get my phone a few days early? Nope. You have to wait until the VERY day your contract is up. The very day. Even though they're last phones have been such a pain.....no mercy for you - you have to wait. I guess I understand that, but it's still very frustrating. I hate Verizon most of the time. The service is pretty good, but the phones SUCK unless you buy one of the $200-300 ones and I can't afford to do that. I don't make tons of money and if I did, I wouldn't blow it on that anyway. So....4 more days and I can get a new phone. I don't know yet what I'm going to get but I dont plan on spending more than $30 after my discount and rebate, which leaves me at picking out a phone not worth more than $150. Any suggestions??


37 days left as of today. We were talking about it last night, about how we started at like 140-something days and to him, it's really flown by, but not to me. It has come a long way from 140-ish, but there's still over a month to go and I really don't have a lot left to do to fill my time, and the things I do have, I can't work on until the weekends. I have to finish putting the pictures in the frames for the reception tables, but there are only about 20 frames left to do. I have to finish tying ribbon to the weights to hold the balloons on the tables. I have to get in touch with the janitor at the church (like pulling your own teeth barehanded). I've left three messages and he never calls back. When I talked with him a few months ago, it took 7 phone calls at all hours of the day. The church receptionist told me to expect that though - he just never calls ppl back. Very professional, eh? We still have to order the rehearsal dinner cake, but we're still deciding what to have written on it, if anything. Opinions?

Jay starts his new job training next Tuesday....things will change a lot for us in the next three weeks. His training is from 6a-6p for Tues/Wed/Thurs, then half-day Friday, and the week after that the same on Mon/Tues/Wed, half-day Thurs, and off Friday. Then on Monday, the 15th, he starts working 6p-6a. He'll do that schedule every other Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat/Sun and every other Wed/Thurs. It's going to be an odd schedule for us both but we've definitely seen the Lord working in our lives with this job opening. By the time he starts working for them, his unemployment will have $100 left in it...........a God thing? Yes, I definitely think so. On his working nights, I will have plenty of time to get the last wedding things done off my to-do list, and will be looking for any babysitting jobs as well. So if you know of anyone looking for a babysitting, have them call me.

Guess that's about it for now.

No comments: