So tomorrow I'm starting what's called the Seven Day Diet. It's used in a lot of hospitals where heart patients have to lose weight quickly before a surgery (no i'm not having any kind of surgery). It's made up via the Sacred Heart Diet. If you're interested in the actual diet itself, look it up - it's pretty cool! I dont know how long it's guaranteed to work, but my main goal right now is getting into that dress in a few weeks, so......I can do anything for a short amount of time. One of the local dj's on radio station here is doing it for her wedding in September, and has gotten several others in the station to do it as well, and all reported losses of at least 12-15lbs the first week. I've done plenty of diets and I know the first week is the biggest loss, so if you're thinking about preaching at me for that -- don't. I want to do this for myself and see how it works for me. So tomorrow I'm starting it, or maybe Thursday since I have so much to do tomorrow out-and-about and may not be able to bring along the right foods I need.
Anyway, 38 days to go and counting. I will mail the rest of my shower thank-yous tomorrow and that will be finished. We are having our last pre-marital counseling session with my uncle at 9:30 and my dress fitting is at 11:00, then its downtown to get our marriage license, to the bank to add Jay's name to my checking account since its the bank we'll be using, then to BB&B to return some duplicates, then if I have time - Verizon to see if they will let me get my new phone a few days early. Then if there's time after that -- getting my nails filled in....though I'm contemplating just having them taken off and getting new ones b/c they pretty much look like crap right now and are starting to peel off themselves and they're way too long and....I'm not a big fan of nail tips but Jay really liked the way they looked and wanted me to keep them up, so I will....for awhile.
I think the day we get back from our honeymoon we're both going to get haircuts. He hates his the way it is and I hate mine the way it is, yet we both love the others' the way it is. Ironic, huh? He wants to shave his head again (sigh) but I think he's going to just cut it super short and not shave it totally b/c I really hate it like that. We compromised -- he's doing his a little his way and a little my way, and I'm doing mine a little his way and a little my way. I'm having mine chopped off (cue the Hallelujah Chorus!!!) at my neck and layered a little. I laugh every time he sees a hairstyle he thinks would suit "my taste" b/c every time, it gets a little longer and a little longer, and the whole point of my wanting a haircut is to get it off my shoulders. I hate long hair (on me). It just never looks right and I cant leave it down b/c it gets trashy and tangly and I have to use conditioner which makes my hair more oily than it already is.....I hate long hair and I cant wait to have it chopped off.
Work has been good this week - I cant wait for my day off tomorrow even though it will not be at all relaxing. I only have 3.5 weeks until my mini-vacation while they are traveling and I will be plenty busy then.
Sooo.....
-38 days til the wedding
-17 days of work until mini-vacation
-32 days until girls' party!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment