So most of you know Jay's company (crappiest place on earth - dont go there or order from the - YoderStone!) laid off everyone with two hours notice about 4 months ago and he has been drawing unemployment since then. My uncle has been able to help him get a job at Cryovac in Ft Inn, a job with great opportunity for advancement. He goes in for all the testing, touring, etc stuff this Wednesday and starts the training next Monday. Two weeks of training....then he will be working 6p-6a...ugh. Twelve hr shifts, three days on...Im not sure how many days off. Two or three probably. The third shift thing is going to be really hard for both of us - I literally will not see him for three straight days and then his days off I wont see him for more than 2-3 hours before I have to drive home. It will be a little better once we're married - at least I wont have to leave later. =) It's a GREAT job with really great potential to move up in the world, if we can just get it all figured out with how we're gonna see each other.
We joined Calvary Baptist last night - we've been going there since May. No more Southside, and I cant say that I miss it at all, and neither does Jay. He liked it more than I did - I guess I just got tired of it after so many years. It's really hard to be 1 or 2 people in a crowd of 3000 and still feel so alone. We didn't feel integrated at all, even though we were in various small groups over the years. And though we've been gone for months, it has yet to be noticed, and I find that so sad. A church wants to grow and minister to ppl, but you cannot do that when so many of your ppl are overlooked so easily. And that's very easily done in a church so large. We found Calvary and have not looked back once. We love it there - it's approximately 300 ppl and perfect for us. We missed Sunday school one morning and received four phone calls before the day was even over to say we were missed. How wonderful!
Sidebar - I'm watching an episode of Trading Spouses and never in my life have I seen such a psycho woman......the episode with the new age family and the "Christian" family with the really large mom.....to say she's a drama queen is not even close.
Anyhoo back to Calvary - we love the pastor there and he knows us by name (and did after just 2 weeks!!) He's been teasing us for weeks about joining already. We originally wanted to wait until after we were married, so we could join as one name instead of two, but there are going to be a lot of changes coming to Calvary starting in September and the Sunday nights were going to be as full as Sunday mornings, and that was what was holding us back - having to go up there in front of so many ppl. So we bit the bullet last night and did it - and he was so excited we were there lol. He made jokes and talked about us like he's known us for years and that was really nice and made us feel so welcome there. I was able to join by letter since I was a member of Southside already, but since Jay was not, he has to join by baptism and he was not really thrilled about that (b/c of having to do that in front of so many ppl). He's been saved since he was young but had never been baptized. He wants to, it's just hard when you're not a ppl person to show yourself in front of so many ppl like that. So....he's going to do that when they have their next baptism. =)
So 46 days to go......I mailed the last of the invitations today; our Sunday school class and the pastor's family and ones that had been returned bc I cant write addresses correctly for some reason. Mom and I went through all the pictures in the frames yesterday and wrote down what I'm missing and need to order...I'm glad that's done. A small yet vital detail. All of the programs are finished, tied, and placed in their basket. All the gifts are finished and wrapped. I still need to get the picture slideshow on dvd (anybody that can help with that? It's too large a file to email so I dont really know how to go about it...) to send to our sound tech. We're still waiting on 2/3 of the rsvp's to come in.......frustrating to say the least. Ppl I thought would have been on top of that still havent let us know. There is still a month left before the deadline was up but it would really be nice to not have to call a million ppl who havent responded. Guess we'll see.
We joined Calvary Baptist last night - we've been going there since May. No more Southside, and I cant say that I miss it at all, and neither does Jay. He liked it more than I did - I guess I just got tired of it after so many years. It's really hard to be 1 or 2 people in a crowd of 3000 and still feel so alone. We didn't feel integrated at all, even though we were in various small groups over the years. And though we've been gone for months, it has yet to be noticed, and I find that so sad. A church wants to grow and minister to ppl, but you cannot do that when so many of your ppl are overlooked so easily. And that's very easily done in a church so large. We found Calvary and have not looked back once. We love it there - it's approximately 300 ppl and perfect for us. We missed Sunday school one morning and received four phone calls before the day was even over to say we were missed. How wonderful!
Sidebar - I'm watching an episode of Trading Spouses and never in my life have I seen such a psycho woman......the episode with the new age family and the "Christian" family with the really large mom.....to say she's a drama queen is not even close.
Anyhoo back to Calvary - we love the pastor there and he knows us by name (and did after just 2 weeks!!) He's been teasing us for weeks about joining already. We originally wanted to wait until after we were married, so we could join as one name instead of two, but there are going to be a lot of changes coming to Calvary starting in September and the Sunday nights were going to be as full as Sunday mornings, and that was what was holding us back - having to go up there in front of so many ppl. So we bit the bullet last night and did it - and he was so excited we were there lol. He made jokes and talked about us like he's known us for years and that was really nice and made us feel so welcome there. I was able to join by letter since I was a member of Southside already, but since Jay was not, he has to join by baptism and he was not really thrilled about that (b/c of having to do that in front of so many ppl). He's been saved since he was young but had never been baptized. He wants to, it's just hard when you're not a ppl person to show yourself in front of so many ppl like that. So....he's going to do that when they have their next baptism. =)
So 46 days to go......I mailed the last of the invitations today; our Sunday school class and the pastor's family and ones that had been returned bc I cant write addresses correctly for some reason. Mom and I went through all the pictures in the frames yesterday and wrote down what I'm missing and need to order...I'm glad that's done. A small yet vital detail. All of the programs are finished, tied, and placed in their basket. All the gifts are finished and wrapped. I still need to get the picture slideshow on dvd (anybody that can help with that? It's too large a file to email so I dont really know how to go about it...) to send to our sound tech. We're still waiting on 2/3 of the rsvp's to come in.......frustrating to say the least. Ppl I thought would have been on top of that still havent let us know. There is still a month left before the deadline was up but it would really be nice to not have to call a million ppl who havent responded. Guess we'll see.
Days til my shower...5
Days til my week off....32
Days of work til my week off...23
Days til the wedding.....46
On a last note - if anyone knows how to find your master volume button/section on the computer, please pass along the knowledge. I really want to listen to my new song on MySpace but I cant find the volume option that is always on the laptop....bummer.
No comments:
Post a Comment