Friday, August 22, 2008

August 4, 2008

I had a taste of freedom last week....something I havent enjoyed in months since I was at 1st Pres and we hardly worked....I mean, worked hard.... I have been dreading this morning for days. Vacation is wonderful and horrible all at once....it's nice to be free to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, to sleep in, to laze around, to meet Jay for lunch at any minute and not be tied down........but at the same time it sucks coming back in to a house where I feel so TRAPPED all the time. But I have to be honest, so far this morning has been nice. Maybe we'll go to the park.....I'm trying to save Monkey Joes for days where I'm going insane, which I'm sure will be sooner rather than later.

Invites got mailed last week...a few came back b/c I wrote the wrong zip, but I'll get those out tomorrow morning. My biggest request ----- PLEASE rsvp, whether you're coming or not. It's so important that we get a fairly accurate headcount. Our invite list is so out of control that we need some kind of number to buy food for.....long gone is the day where we (read: Jay and I) wanted to have just a small amount of family/friends invited.....other lists were added and it kept coming down to "well, we cant invite so-and-so and not invite so-and-so...." so our number is huge and we're learning to deal with it. It's not always what you want it to be, but at this point neither of us cares anymore - we just want to get married and have it DONE. We're both looking forward to it, but I know I for one will not be sad to not have to deal with the details any more. It will be nice to get on with normal life again.

No comments: