Wow, I dont think I've ever gone an entire week w/o blogging.....and I really haven't been that super busy this week. I think I blogged so much at the nanny job b/c I was so bored all the time and there was nothing else to do.
This week has been GREAT! I've learned so much while overlapping at HopeReach and I feel *almost* ready to be on my own.....which is good, b/c on Wednesday I start with a little boy who will be in my caseload. I will have two little boys - hereby known as N & Z (names w/held for obvious reasons). I have N from 830-1130 every morning except Thursdays, and I have Z from 12:15-3:15 every afternoon. N is 4 yrs old (I think) and Z is 2 (I think) - I'm a little more nervous about Z, since he is so young and probably has not had much intervention. We shall see. I'm really loving this job!
When I got home yesterday afternoon, Jay said he was taking me to the beach....I was happily surprised. It was supposed to be date night and it was his pick.....I was thinking dinner, lol, but he went a little further. The only thing he didn't consider was finding someone to take care of the dogs....he was thinking it would be okay to put them in the bathrooms until we got back (24 hours!!) and I said "no freakin' way!" ---- so we had to start calling ppl last minute. Fortunately good people stepped up and were willing to help out - thanks, guys!!! :)
We had a great time - got there about 9 (hit Columbia traffic....ugh....and about five different wrecks in the rain - 2 of which we actually witnessed) and found the hotel (on the beach!!!) with no problem. We got dinner and walked on the beach for a few minutes. I love the beach any time of day or night, but it always seems so much more vast at night. I love it there - it's my most favorite place on earth. We got up early this morning to walk the beach some more before we left to get breakfast and head home. And those of you who laugh at my OCD and how I like to make lists a month before a trip will be happy to know that I packed for both of us in less than five minutes and the only thing I forgot was a hairbrush, lol.
Tonight after Jay left for work, I got out ALL of my cleaning supplies, spread them out on the table, and organized them. Then.....I got to work deep-cleaning the house. I've only surface-cleaned for the last couple of weeks and it desperately needed a deep-clean. Now it's done and I'm happy with it - I love a clean house. I put all the clutter away and cleaned out drawers and everything.
Furthermore, tomorrow I am taking two bags of clothes, a HUGE bag of books, and an older tv (still works) to Goodwill - so if you are interested in any of it, let me know tonight or in the morning. The tv is still pretty nice, just older. It's 17" (I think) and just been sitting in our living room since Christmas. First come, first serve. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment