Monday, February 2, 2009

February 2, 2009

Wow, February already. I have to say I'm typing this with my hands shaking like crazy - I put the kids down for a nap about 30 minutes ago and just heard a huge crash upstairs. I raced up there (2 flights) and by the time I got to the top of the stairs, the baby was SCREAMING. I swear, ya'll, I thought she had fallen out of her crib - that's exactly what it sounded like. I was terrified to open the door. She hadn't fallen out but she must have been sitting up and fallen backward and hit her head on the bars, and her sound machine hit the floor - that was the big crash. My heart was racing - I was so sure she had fallen out and that crack was her head on the floor. I comforted her and she must have been scared b/c she just sunk into me and she never does that. So I just put her back down and wrapped her up so she can't sit up. It's her new trick and she refuses to lay down if she doesnt have to.....hence she doesnt get much of a nap and is quite cranky. I rolled my eyes this morning at breakfast when she threw fits (literally) for things at the table she wanted that other ppl had, and the mom was running around trying to get it all for her. I just sat there. She doesnt have to get what she wants just b/c she wants it. If she screams, so be it. She screamed in the car today from 11:30-12:15 nonstop b/c she wanted her pacifier, and I handed it to her twice and she threw it straight to the floor. So I put it up. Too bad; I'm not playing that game.

This morning the mom asked if I had any work plans yet b/c she wants me to stay longer. I said I had interviews today and tomorrow, but I would not able to stay longer than my given time frame. She hinted that I really didn't give them much time - but I gave them FOUR weeks! That's two weeks longer than I had to give; I thought I was being generous doing that. Believe me, I'd LOVE to be out of here two weeks sooner than planned, but I know it takes awhile to find one person to take a nanny job, but she didn't do any interviews or anything last week, so that's not my problem. Once the 20th comes, I'm done.

I had my interview at HopeReach this morning and it went great! I didn't realize it was right next door to my grandmother's assisted-living home. I should hear back from them within 24-48 hours about their offer, and I'm so excited! This is the job I really want - it's my dream job. I've studied it and read hundreds of books about it and have some hands-on experience with it, but doing it full-time will be a challenge that I'm psyching myself up for. Thirty hours there is considered full-time and enough for benefits, so that will be wonderful.

Hopefully we will find out soon if Cryovac is going to hire Jay permanently - they said "at the beginning of the year" but who knows when that will be. It would fix a LOT of financial issues for us - we could get the equity line opened up and all our debt paid off and just put paychecks into the equity line......breathe a lot easier. =)

This weekend was good - Sunday was pretty boring since Jay slept all day and I just tinkered around. I cleaned out the bookshelf in the guest room and am getting rid of about 30 books/magazines. It looks a lot nicer now - I'm trying to clean out stuff we dont use to make a little more room in the house. On Saturday I cleaned the house and it felt great - it had been almost two weeks since I'd really done anything other than laundry and it was getting bad (in my opinion, of course Jay thought it was fine, lol). I love to have a clean house - it makes the endorphins in my brain just swim around happily.

Tomorrow evening I have an interview with a family of a preemie baby - he's about 8 weeks or so, I think, and just came home from the hospital. Originally they were only looking for someone until April but I think that's changed and she wants to do an interview, so I'm going to at least talk and see what they're looking for. They live on this side of Spartanburg, so it will be at least 7p before I get there, depending on whatever time I get out here, which we all know is never the same.

Ahhhh........14 days left!

No comments: