Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 5, 2009

Before I start ranting, as all my blogs have seemed to be in the last year or so, I have a couple of things to say. If you read this blog and are offended by some things I say about the way I feel about certain places or things or people, I'm sorry you are offended, but this is MY blog about MY feelings and this blog is full of MY opinions. Not everyone agrees on everything and that's what makes us all unique - I'm glad you love what you love and I'm glad I love what I love, but if our opinions differ, don't take it personally. Thanks for reading my blog. =)

We caught the mouse last night! Well, we caught A mouse last night. Sammy (the runt puppy) caught one last Saturday and.....ate it.....and I was wondering if that was the only one we had, but it was pretty small. Last night I heard scuffling behind the gun cabinet (again) and I shined the flashlight behind it - to see we had caught a BIIIIIIG mouse on the glue trap. Perhaps a small field rat? Not sure. It was definitely big enough to have made all the holes in the food containers and eaten half the top of the cupcake that night. I always feel bad for them b/c once we pick up the trap, they start squealing and struggling....like they know they're going to die. I took a pic of it and then Jay took it out behind the house and shot it. I think he just likes to shoot things (not live things necessarily, just things) so he didn't want to miss an opportunity. Though I can't speak, last time we caught one, I turned the trap upside down in the toilet and let it drown. It was going to be hours before he got home to kill it and I didn't want it to suffer (yeah yeah) that long on the trap. It was over quickly - 30 seconds max. I hated doing it but it was a no-win situation. So hopefully the mouse situation is over - he was a big one. Check it out:



Today has had its ups and downs. It still annoys the heck out of to have to be here all day when the dad has not even left the house!!! Why on earth do you WANT somebody else to be raising your kids if you're here and have the time to spend it with them?!? Seriously - I know he probably has a few things to do, but you know what? So do I! I could really use a morning off to make a dr appt and do some errands that I can't do while dragging Allie around - it would be courteous of him/her to offer to listen to silence while Allie sleeps......cause that's really all that happens here before noon every day. Sheesh.

On that note, maybe today wasn't a good time to have that rant, but this morning's naptime was a joke. An absolute joke. The last two mornings she's slept for 20 minutes and then been wide awake, and two hours later is just exhausted and crabby.......which quickly makes ME exhausted and crabby. So I thought "great, a long nap this afternoon since she's so tired!"

Nope.

I put her in her crib around 2pm and she was asleep right away............only to wake up at 3pm and be up for the afternoon. Fantastic.

Anyway, same thing this morning - I put her down for nap and she slept 20 minutes and was wide awake. I wrapped her several times.....took Houdini all of three minutes to get out of that, throw the blanket out, and push herself to sitting up again. To say it was annoying was an understatement. So this afternoon, I wrapped her in a bigger blanket and sat in the rocking chair (where she couldn't see me) until she fell asleep. That was......20 minutes ago.....so we'll see how long it lasts.

The mom had the interview with the other potential nanny last night. I do have a inkling who she's going to hire, but I wont say here. I know who the kiddo wants, for sure.....he has no problems voicing his opinions - about anything, lol.

I do have to say to the new nanny: good luck. You're starting on a tough note already b/c the grandma will be here, with all her meddling and hovering and thousands of suggestions for how you should to things and never bothering to help do anything. She wakes the kids up from their nap when SHE thinks it's appropriate, but doesnt offer to help entertain them in the afternoon once their awake.

Just the icing on the cake, new nanny. I hope you can deal with what I haven't been able to - you only think you know what you're getting into, but if you can handle it, you're way more woman than I am.

Good luck.

No comments: