Saturday, February 21, 2009

February 21, 2009

The last two days have been busy ones. I got to HopeReach yesterday morning at 8:30 to start overlapping in therapies to observe. I had to chuckle when I was led into the first room....and the little boy there was one I had at Southside five years ago. =) He has pretty severe autism but has made a decent amount of progress since I last saw him. I got to spend three hours watching his therapy, then there was an hour lunch break. I ran to Simpsonville to drop off a voided check for Jay's direct deposit (we got a new account since our old one was hacked into via PayPal) and ran back. My afternoon session was with a little boy who was nonverbal. He communicates through a Dynavox - which I've only heard of and never gotten to see. It was really neat, and I felt so encouraged at the end of the day. It is definitely work I can do, but the paperwork is going to take awhile to get the hang of. I know I'm going to LOVE it!

This morning I slept in til 10:00....it felt great!! All the mornings of getting up at dawn really catch up to ya fast. I fed the pups, cleaned their bowls out (full of poo, ew) and chased Baylee around the road for awhile. She refused to come back to the house and ran across the street, almost got hit twice by a car, and I had to pluck her out of the Boobman's yard....nobody ever wants to go in there. So she got a spanking and her e-collar put back on (to stay!). I went to Walmart for a couple things, came back to the house to load up the carpet shampooer for my mom, and gave Henry a bath before taking him with me to "the house" for my brothers' "housewarming" pizza party. He loved it and everyone seemed to like him. He was very well-behaved and loved the attention. It was his "turn" for a trip and it worked out well b/c Bella would have been a nightmare in a crowded house. Little turd, lol.

Tomorrow is church, lunch with parents, and date night!!

No comments: