POKE ME WITH A FORK -------- I'M DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!! No more nannying for me!!!!! It has been a day full of excitement (and also a lot of annoyance) for me, but I am finally done. Tomorrow RN (replacement nanny) takes over for good, although she has been with me Tuesday and today of this week. It has come at a great time, b/c the mom has decided to cut out kiddo's afternoon nap and baby's morning nap, which now means there is no break at all....all day long. It's just 10-11 straight hours of solid entertaining at least one, if not both, kids. Life will never be the same and I got out while the gettin' was good. I got lucky yesterday that it was the only day I had to entertain kiddo, and it was only for a couple hours. He had speech therapy and we didn't get home until 3:30. I made him have a little "rest time" with some books for about 30 minutes, then we had movie-and-popcorn time, just us. He always begs for a movie on rainy days, so it was perfect timing.
I wasn't even sad leaving today, though earlier this afternoon when I went to get the baby up from her nap, I was teary. I rocked her in the chair in her room for a few minutes, just savoring a few minutes and I was surprised that I teared up. I think she knew something was going on, b/c she's been so "lovey" to me all day, hugging and snuggling, and that's definitely not her style.
So tomorrow I will start overlapping ABA sessions at HopeReach, and I am so excited! I cant wait to see "what I'm in for" lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment