Monday, February 16, 2009

February 16, 2009

What a morning. I know you guys are all looking as forward to my starting a new job as I am, so I won't be as 'w'itchy in my blog and complain daily, lol.

I got here this morning and knew ahead of time that Z was out of school - that's fine. I had made plans for us if he wasn't going with this dad, but turns out he was, which was fine, too. He was rushing kiddo out of bed and into hunting clothes and telling him they were going to be late....so I'm thinking "cool, they'll be gone all day and it'll just be a girls' day."

I should have known.

Dad decides he has some work to do in his office, shuts the door, and proceeds to talk on the phone for the next three hours. He came out twice at 10:30 and said they were leaving in just a minute. Uh-huh. You guessed it - they didn't leave until noon.

I really did come in the door this morning wanting to make it a great week, but it seems like some days he just flat-out ruins my mood with his selfish behavior.

So anyhoo, this weekend was quick - I went to my ABA training on Saturday. The morning instructor (who was younger than me, I think) got on my last nerve with her peppiness and treating us like we were 4 yr olds. The afternoon girl was great - I didnt realize who she was until she came in - I had met her last week and we hit it off. I'm SO excited to start this job! The morning session didn't teach me anything I didn't already know, but the afternoon was really overwhelming. I'm still looking forward to next Monday though. =) My brain felt so FRIED after all the paperwork training - 8 hours is too long for my ADD brain to have to pay attention.

Sunday was relaxing - I went to the grocery store and bought some iron-rich food to help with Jay's new food diet. He got his lab results back from the dr today and he has hypothyroidism, and eating iron-rich foods will help that (I'm glad, since I spent $130 on it yesterday, lol). He'll start his medicine tomorrow and see how long it takes to get it back to normal, but I'm really looking forward to him feeling better. =)

Tonight we're having our taxes done. I have a number in my head that we NEED to reach to get a couple of specific bills totally paid off and I will be so happy if we get to that number. If not....oh well. It will just take us a few months longer to be debt-free.

No comments: