Monday, March 2, 2009

March 2, 2009

A snow day!!!! I am so grateful for this new job, where I get the day off - I talked to RN and she had to go in today!! My word, I would have just flat out said there is no way I can come to work today - keep your own kids. :) And I would have said it with a smile.

Right now our power is technically on, but it has been going on and off for the last four hours and resetting all the clocks and the tvs, and I'm in the midst of watching tv, so I have to wait for it to reset itself every single time.....takes about five minutes. Not long, but annoying when it happens every twenty minutes or so. The snow is rapidly melting here. I have enjoyed but am not sad to see it go.

We let the beagles out this morning to clean their kennel, and it was hilarious! Bella (as usual) hauled butt all around the yard and the house, totally oblivious to this white stuff all over the ground. Henry took tentative steps in it, then chased around with Bella for awhile. Sam....pulled a total Sam and refused to even walk in it - he just stood there and whimpered and cried, until he finally waddled over to me and cried until I picked him up - poopy feet and all. Their kennel was disgusting after all the rain this weekend - there was poop EVERYWHERE and all their white parts were brown - I kid you not. It was nasty. But he was so upset and freezing cold and I felt so bad for him, so I picked him up and cradled him......and looked forward to a hot shower afterward. We debated bringing them inside for warmth, but their bed inside the kennel is pretty warm, and the thought of three baths and having to clean up poop/pee from Stinky's crate or the bathroom later on this afternoon really wasnt appealing for me.

After all that and a hot shower to wash away the smell of puppy-poo, we went (like crazy people) to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. That was an adventure. We took Jay's truck since it's a 4WD, and still had a couple sliding times. At the redlight by our house, there was a car spinning its back wheels relentlessly and we stopped to help - it was an older man. Jay was able to go bumper-to-bumper and get him moving again (after asking of course, lol).....I hope that poor man was able to make it home. He was in an older wagon-type car and had no traction whatsoever. Anyway, it took approximately 45 minutes to make a typically-20-minute drive, but breakfast was awesome.

I went back to bed when he did and slept a few hours, waking up off and on when the power would go off and the dogs would start their relentless barking.....they can really drive me crazy sometimes. I just finished getting some things out for dinner and will start cooking in an hour or so. Jay doesnt have to go in until midnight tonight, so most of the snow should be gone....ice will be the biggest issue.

Okay, that took me an hour and half to write b/c I kept getting up to do other things, lol. Can we say ADD?

No comments: