Friday, February 6, 2009

February 6, 2009

Today has been.......a typical day in the nanny field. I got here this morning and the mom was gone (typical for Friday mornings) - I think she leaves early so she can come home early..... sometimes.... Anyway, I wondered for the next hour and a half whether or not kiddo was going to school. The last two Fridays he's been kept home for no reason and I really was not in the mood to take that on today. Finally around 9am they left and i put Allie down for morning nap. At 10:00 I woke her up (the short her morning naps are, the better she usually sleeps in the afternoon..... usually). We went to the bank to dispute an issue I was having with our new account and getting Jay's direct deposit in - it's usually in by Wednesday night/Thursday morning but I still haven't seen it there and, quite frankly, we gotta have it in there asap. They fixed it for me and said it should be entered in by tonight. Then we went to grab some lunch and I picked up Z early, b/c I didn't feel like sitting in the parking lot for an hour while Allie screamed from the injustice of having to sit in a carseat in a nonmoving car. So we went home, ate lunch, they both went down for afternoon nap about 1:30.

I settled in with the laptop to get some stuff done, feet propped up, tv on, drink (apply juice for congestion) beside me, getting comfortable.................and up comes the garage door - the dad has arrived. Sigh. So now he's walking around upstairs on his cell phone, talking loudly as usual, which will probably wake Allie but not Zack since he could sleep through a train wreck, and I'll be back to square one. Typical day here - one never knows what will be going on or when.

I want to congratulate my friend Becky on getting this nanny job - she will be taking my place on February 23rd and I certainly hope she knows what she's getting herself into. She seems really excited about it and I'm glad for her. I'm glad it will give her more financial stability and job security, and I hope the things that have become giant issues for me will not be an issue for her. I really am happy for her! I worry b/c I sounded just like her a year ago when I first started this job - it was going to be great pay, and for a 40hr week it would be decent pay, but by Friday when you've worked 55-60 hours, quite frankly the pay sucks. It's less than $7/hr once it's divided up. But I digress - I hope this turns out to be the job of her dreams! She's going to shadow me next Tuesday and hopefully more often after that, b/c it's going to take Allie awhile to get used to a new face. It's not going to be an easy first few days for her.

I'm hoping to get off early today. The mom had yesterday afternoon off and this afternoon off, b/c she may be possible subpoena'ed for a court case for one of her patients. Yesterday she let me off at 4:30 (thank you!!!) and it was nice to get home before dark....I missed seeing Jay by an entire three minutes, too. Boo. So hopefully today, if she does not get called into court, I will get off early as well. If she does have to go, I'm stuck here til 5:30 and I have to be at 1st Pres at 6:30 to work......I would love to shower before I go there and they would probably appreciate that, too.

My weekend will be busy - I'm working tonight (as previously mentioned) from 630-830 and then again tomorrow morning from 8-12 and tomorrow evening from 6-9 for the Valentine banquet at 1st Pres. It's really good money for a really easy few hours, depending on the age you get stuck with. I don't what I have until I get there, but last year Michael and I got the oldest group - 10-12 yr olds and all they did was watch movies and eat snacks. Easiest hundred bucks of my life, lol.

So bored. I didn't realize it was almost 3pm.....that's nice. =) If we can make naptime last until 4pm, I will consider the day a success. =)


***I would just like to edit this to add, for all entertainment purposes, the dad has been sitting here for thirty minutes reeling on a fishing rod......no line or anything like that, just reeling.....and reeling.....in the living room......funny!

No comments: