Wow, it's been a few days.....a little long for me, but I've been busy...or sick. Don't judge me.
I have not gotten the first thing done today. My replacement nanny (hereby known as RP lol), a friend of mine, came to shadow me today and it's been a very off-schedule (for me) day. It went a lot better than I expected it to go, as far as getting the baby acclimated. She played willingly but will not let RP hold her yet. We tried a few times and it only succeeded in the baby screaming until I took her back. But I was happy with the playtimes - went well. I haven't had a chance to get much of anything done though. I'll be glad to see this day end.....well, this week end, if we're being honest. Just 8 more days.
This weekend I had planned to work at First Pres for the entire Valentine Banquet.....I worked Friday night and had a blast (miss you gals SOOOO much!!) but woke up Saturday feeling like crap again and was so sore/weak. I spent most of the day in bed. I felt a little better Sunday morning so we went to church and to my parents' for lunch, then took a nap and had our date night. More on that in a minute. Monday morning I woke up feeling like crap again but it subsided as the day wore on.
So back to this date night -- we have been wanting to try out the Blue Ridge Brewery downtown for a long time. They supposedly have great food and a cool atmosphere. Well.....$52 later, I can honestly say we will not be going back there. The food was mediocre, at best, and expensive for what you got. Jay got the wild game sampler and really wanted to try the antelope, but they didnt have it. The chicken I ordered was about the size of my palm and the cheese that it was supposed to be "drenched" in somehow did not make it onto my plate. Now for those of you who know me well (or at all lol) know I am a cheese-a-holic and this was depressing. Plus, to be this big "brewery" station for all of Greenville, they had approximately 3 beers available (minus the bottled stuff). This was not a disappointment for me since I do not like beer, but it was a huge disappointment to my hubby. He was looking forward to trying something new.
Oh, and to all of those who congratulated us on catching the mouse (thanks!) -- we have another one. He ate the top off a biscuit that I forgot to bag up the other night. Great. Looks like I'm bringing in Sammy to play later......my little mouse-catcher. And garbage-eater......I digress.
Jay is going for a dr appt on Thursday. It's taken me months to try to talk him into going to get a blood test done to see what all this constant-fatigue is about. I really believe it's just a vitamin deficiency or anemia of some sort, but please pray for him b/c he's really anxious about it. He's into all the "what-ifs" that it could be and it's really scary to think like that. His appt is Thursday at 2pm, if you think about it. =) I'll let you know when we know.
I went yesterday for my paperwork "meeting" at HopeReach. It took about an hour and Allie was really good - charmed everyone there and was fairly quiet, for her. I had all of the necessary paperwork I needed, and all that's left is to get my TB test done and read. Then I will be awaiting the 20th to come and go, and I'm FREE!!!! I'm so ready. I think RP got a little taste today of what the reality in this house is going to be like......can't say she wasn't warned. She will definitely do better than I have, as a lot of things did not seem to bother her at all. She's a lot more flexible/lenient with her time than I am, and I feel like she will be a good fit for them.
Here's hoping.
No comments:
Post a Comment