First, a birthday update - my hubby is the sweetest man on earth. I was starting to get a little disappointed on the afternoon of my bday - he was still asleep and kept asking me where I wanted to go for dinner, when all I had asked of him was to pick something and surprise me. He got up (he worked the night before) around 4:30 and then was on the phone talking to a friend who was stranded on the interstate by Laurens Rd. Now I would just like to point out right here that I have pulled this trick many times (to get out of things and places I dont want to be, lol) and therefore knew exactly what he was doing. He faked a phone call and it would have been more convincing if he had not made the call last 8 seconds, when this is a friend who can talk for literally hours. Then, as he was telling me he was going to help so-and-so get the truck started, I knew he was up to something. He is not a good liar (good thing) - his whole face just shows it. So I said "ok" with a smile and left him to it.
He came back an hour and a half later with Olive Garden take-out and flowers. =) So sweet.
On to another note - this weekend was the longest of my prayer-life. After telling Jay everything that went on Friday when I was so pissed off at this father for just doing whatever he wants and expecting me to pick up the pieces, we were both knowing it was time to quit. I was so relieved; this giant load was off my shoulders......I felt good. Until Sunday night when we sat down to crunch out some numbers - I let Satan get a hold of my thoughts. Those numbers didn't even come CLOSE to saying, "yes, quit your job and you'll be fine." I cried and cried and cried - all that burden that had been lifted now felt thrown back on me and I again felt that trapped feeling of.....I'm stuck here forever and there's never an end to it.
So I went to work yesterday, miserable again. I emailed our SS teacher and asked if they could meet us after work to talk about it all, and they were so gracious with their time. They have been through the same thing several times, as have a couple of friends of ours, and everyone keeps saying the same thing - you have to just jump when you feel God's peace, and let it go from there. I prayed the entire way to work this morning - if it's meant for me to leave here, w/o having another FT job in hand, then I need a "gut-punch" feeling to tell me. I'm no good at this guessing game anymore. So once I got to work, the dad again decided to keep the kid at home (for no reason), just like last Friday. I immediately had flashbacks to the hell of what last Friday was, and all of a sudden I had this overwhelming peace. I just KNEW.
So I just finished writing out my resignation letter. I did not write about my 497 issues with them nor place any blame. I simply said for the sake of my own home/family/marriage, I have to do this. I'm giving them 4 weeks and my last day will be the 20th. Unless of course they are truly pissed off and just tell me to leave now, which I'm not even panicked about b/c I know this is from God and He will be taking care of us.
As far as jobs are concerned, I have several PT options. Southside has ASC openings and always need EE subs. I have emailed 1st Pres about subbing and any positions opening. We will make it. I'm sure there will be sacrifice for both of us, but he has been more than wonderful and supportive and encouraging to me and I'm not afraid of it anymore.
I'm free. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment