Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January 21, 2009

What a day its been. The baby has screamed all day long. And when I say screamed, I mean, blood-curdling, lung-bursting, window-breaking screaming tantrums over absolutely nothing. Also, when I say all day, I mean literally allllllllllllllll day. Get her up - she screams. Put her in the high chair - she screams. Get her out of the chair - she screams. Change her - she screams. Naptime - she screams. You get the point. I really have never seen a baby with such a temper like this - revert back to my old posts when I first started this job and you'll see the pattern - the 3 month old with the horrible temper has just grown into the 1-year old with the horrible temper.

Sheesh.

So minus all of that, we went to speech therapy this afternoon and upon leaving, found my battery to be completely dead. I asked one lady for help - she said she thought her bolts were rusty and promptly left. I asked another lady - it took her 20 minutes to figure out how to get her car close enough (all she had to do was pull in front of me, I was backed in) - turns out she only had one bolt (???) and we couldn't get it to work. So I sat there for almost a half hour with my hood up, talking to various ppl to see if anyone could come help me, and another lady offered to help me. She had a minivan and two bolts (like normal lol) and we got it going. I was so grateful I cried (long day + hormonal BC = teary Gina). It was so nice of her to help when she was on her way out - she'll never know how appreciative I was. So we got back to the house around 3:45 and both kids were out in five minutes. Ahhhh, blessed silence.

I've been faithfully filling out job apps from several different websites and have heard back from a couple of places and a couple of other ppl - trying to work out the details is another story. All I want is to get out of here into something with less hours. I do not mind working FT, but FT is 40 hours. This job is 55+ and I just can't do it anymore - I have no personal time for my own family and household. But we wont get back into that. Just keep praying that something comes along. This economy sucks and I have a feeling we're all stuck where we are for awhile.

2 comments:

Joe said...

For what it's worth, you can hook your jumper cables up to the positive on the other car's battery, and hook the black to a metal grounded part of the car (anywhere on the chassis that is metal). It just needs to ground to create the circuit--some cars don't have the post on the battery because a cable just connects to the chassis.

MillerFourWays said...

we did that and it still didn't work. thanks though =)