Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 13, 2009

When I blogged yesterday, I totally forgot to give you my analysis on the movie we went to see Sunday afternoon - Valkyrie. Jay has been wanting to see that movie since he saw the preview. It was pretty good - we both thought it would be more of an action "shoot-up" kind of movie, but it was more conspiracy (good for me, i hate action movies). It was pretty good - worth the matinee price but maybe not the evening price. I was a little disappointed with the actor they had playing Hitler.....I think they could have found a more realistic-looking Hitler, and you only really got to see him 2-3 times in the whole movie. I am NOT a fan or advocator of Tom Cruise but he did a pretty good job. I wont give away the ending but it was kinda disappointing. But the whole movie is based on the true story of Valkyrie, so I guess they couldn't really change the ending anyway.

So yesterday, after the little morning speech and my terribly hurt feelings and slight anger at the situations at hand, filled out 28 job applications for various places. I also sent out a mass email to everyone I know that lives nearby about my starting a cleaning business. I have a possibility for a every-other-week job for someone in our SS class, and a couple of emails about possible jobs for others. We shall see - I would love to be able to have 3-4 houses every week and I could quit here (with no shame, now). I feel a lot better after just giving myself some time to calm down, and as I was relaying to Jay last night everything that she said, he was getting super mad on my behalf and agreed - it is time to LEAVE here. I'm really praying about it - I keep reminding myself that whatever job I can get to leave here will only be for a year or so, and I can make it that long. I know I wont be truly happy in any job until I'm home with Miller babies. That's all I want anyway.

No comments: