Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 14, 2009

I've spent most of the last three days filling out applications and sending my resume to any job I think I could handle for a year. I got a call back from one MMO place this afternoon, but once she told me what it paid (7.50/hr) I told her nobody can make a living on that (20hrs/wk) and she still asked if I wanted to come by to fill out an app. Childcare is one area where I really feel you should be paid according to your experience. I understand giving the high school teenager, who only wants a summer job or a reason not to go to college, 7.50/hr, but it's unfair to those of us who have done this for YEARS to be paid less than what Mexicans make. So I will continue the search. The job here is not horrible, it's just such a trapped feeling to be told you can't ever have any time off.

I won't get back into that. It's been a long day - housekeepers this morning (no nap for the baby) and then speech this afternoon. We've just gotten in about 20 minutes ago and I just got both of them down for naps. Ahhhh, blessed silence.

No comments: