Friday, November 21, 2008

November 21, 2008

So right now I'm a little aggravated (what's new, right?) but for a different reason than usual. I have been collecting things for a family for several weeks and had planned to deliver some of it today when I took a food pounding box to them. I was to pick up the box at our old church and deliver it - I emailed about it two weeks ago and was promised it was mine to deliver - all the way up until this morning. I emailed about the time to pick up and was told someone else was delivering it instead - I was so pissed and I told her so. I explained the situation to her and her response was "well i'm sure they'll just enjoy the other stuff later and maybe next year we'll have better communication."

I hung up.

One of the main reasons we left that church was because of their "communication" or lack thereof. To prove my point, last week we received in the mail a brochure about how we could be "bettering" our tithe (ie: donations) to various parts of the church.

HELLO?!?!?!?!? We haven't even BEEN there in 6 months! Thanks for noticing - even when the letter from my new church arrived to say I was switching memberships. Did anyone even bother to call to ask why we left or be the slightest bit concerned that part of their church family was leaving?

No, of course not. They have 4,000 others to worry about and it's not important when they lose ppl. I really am very upset about the box thing b/c it was so important to me and I was promised and I'm sick and tired of ppl breaking their promises lately.

So.......makes me feel even more convinced we made the right decision in leaving. That church was not for us - it's too impersonal and nobody ever gets to know you on a personal basis.

Anyway, I'm glad it's Friday. Today I only have the baby and it's been nice. I went to the grocery store and got all the things for said-family (b/c I thought I was making a delivery this afternoon) and took it all to my house to box up (which is now not needed until later). Then I met Mom at SCS and tooled around for awhile. Everyone wanted to hold Allie and she screamed every time someone reached for her, lol.

Now we're back at the house and she's napping and I'm waiting for someone to get home so maybe I can leave a little early. I plan to go to the gym before I go home, and sometimes on Friday I can get off a little earlier than dark-thirty. Jay went fishing with my cousin this morning and is going deer-hunting this evening.

This weekend will be fun. Tomorrow night we're eating dinner with friends at their house. Tonight we were supposed to go a Sunday School Christmas dinner but......it's too expensive really and we would be late getting there anyway. So.....Jay went hunting and I'm going to the gym and then home to RELAX.

By the way, if anyone has any medium-large boxes they don't want anymore, I can use them to pack food in for this family. Thanks!

No comments: