Today is my sweet little Gavin's birthday! He is 5 years old today.....a day I wasn't sure we'd ever see due to the amount of crap/garbage he eats and still manages to digest. So happy birthday, my sweet furbaby!
This weekend was just the relaxing kind of time I needed.....to get away from work and daily routine. On Friday night my parents came over for dinner and that was fun - their first time eating at our house. We had shrimp scampi, baked potatoes, and salad.
Saturday we slept in and it was GREAT. I really needed a good sleep. Jay worked on the brakes on his truck pretty much all day. What should have been a 2-hr job turned into a 6-7 hr job b/c something wasn't going right and he had to make a couple trips to the hardware store. (I wont begin to try to explain what went wrong b/c I don't understand the first thing about it, lol.) We ate an early dinner (homemade lasagna) Saturday night and watched a couple movies that night, just relaxing.
Sunday we went to church, then to my parents for lunch. Then we (like crazy ppl) left for Bass Pro (in Atlanta) at 1:30p, when we had to be back for nursery duty at church at 6p. We made it to BP a little after 3p, and browsed for a half hour, then got back in the truck to come home. We made it though - pulled into the church parking lot at 5:57. I had a good time with the babies/toddlers, but he was uneasy the whole time. He said it feels really awkward when it's other ppl's kids, and he just wants to "learn" with our own kids instead. So now I have a whole month of Sunday night nursery duty to myself.......he's going to go hunting behind my parents' house on Sunday nights. That's okay though - we definitely have different interests at times and though we do a LOT of things together, we don't have to do everything together and if he doesnt like nursery, that's really okay. I do understand. =)
It sucked getting up for work this morning. Jay had to leave by 5am since he's on day shift for the next five weeks. Baylee was making such a fuss to be in the kitchen with him instead of the bedroom with me that I finally just got up, too. It was nice to spend a few minutes together before he had to go.......and it left me with two hours to kill before I had to leave for work. So I cleaned a little (can't resist!) and showered and just relaxed before I had to leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment