Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29, 2008

Just a warning before you read this - I'm in a mood and this blog is going to be a rant of my feelings today, so if you're easily offended, don't read it.

Today I HAVE to get the music embedded into the slideshow....I wrote that down so I wouldn't forget. I can't do it until my brother calls me back.....who knows when that will be.

So it's my last Monday as a "single" person (are you still considered technically single when you're engaged?) Maybe I should say it's my last Monday as a non-married person. That's exciting. I'm actually a little glad to be at work today (yes, shocking, I know) b/c I need to be busy. Not that I'm ever busy here, really, but at least there are things I have to get done. Last week just made me lazy, and I liked it for a couple days but then I was ready to get out and do something.

Yesterday I was talking to a friend of mine who got married last year, and she was saying for the 75-80 guests they had at their wedding, they got over $3000 in wedding money...............I was FLOORED. We're trying not to bank on any set amount, but in all honest truth, we need it bad, lol. I hate it when ppl (my mom does this, too) get gifts that have nothing to do with the registry and then you have no idea where they came from and therefore, can't return them. I have two things still in the back of my car from a shower two months ago that I have NO idea where they came from. I've taken them into three different stores and they don't carry it. These are things we will either never use or already have and don't need the duplicate, but since they aren't from our registry, we don't know where they came from and are having a really hard time returning. I have a new understanding now of why ppl make registries and how annoying it is to try to return things you won't use or don't need. From now on, I'm just giving ppl money for their weddings. It's easiest and best and they can always use it. His brother got over $2000 for their wedding and they had the same amount of ppl there that we are, so I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm irritated this morning over a situation I can't change but it COULD have been changed. It's a long story and I won't post it, but I've been working on the details of making Friday/Saturday go well and when things keep changing and ppl cancel, I have to start over with most of it and I'm....well, tired. I'm physically tired and mentally exhausted. To you ppl who take a YEAR or more to plan your wedding - I don't know how you do it. We planned this whole thing in 4 months (technically, though we've been making plans for a year) and I'm so tired. The last couple weeks especially, as we're getting down to the wire.

I'm disappointed in some ppl today, as well. I realized yesterday who my true-blue friends are.....I love you guys - you know who you are. =) I was disappointed that out of that list of invitees, nobody bothered to show up, even when they said they would. I was really hurt. I know some ppl had legit plans, and that I understand, but to those of you who promised to come and just didn't bother to show up or even call to say you weren't coming....I dont understand why.

Alllllll that being said, I feel much better. =) I'm excited to be in the final week and I can't wait for vacation!

No comments: