Lately I am tired.....SO tired. This job is catching up with me - the early mornings and not getting off until evening hours. I feel like I never see Jay anymore between my job and his - neither of us gets home until 6:30-7:00 and I have to drive back to my parents house around 9-10....he has to go to bed early since he gets up at 4:30 now.....it sucks. It will be so nice to not have to make that drive anymore. I can get home and STAY there.....relax completely; it's hard for me to totally relax in the evenings now b/c I know I still have to drive back to Piedmont. I feel like we hardly ever see each other and that's such a change for us. I guess it's just the beginning of that though - once he starts his night shift, there will be times I don't see him for two days. Every other week will be that way - he'll work 6p-6a on Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat/Sun and be off on Wed/Thurs, and the next week is the opposite - working only on Wed/Thur. I can't remember if I already blogged that or not and I'm too lazy to look it all up again, so there it is again. =)
This afternoon it hit me -- what I call a "God-pick-me-up." I get so blah about things and, while I'm so excited to get married, I feel like it's never going to get here. So once in awhile, I get a rush of excitement and I can feed off that for awhile - always makes me feel better. God always picks me up. =) Just 22 days to go, and I'm trying to keep a running to-do list, but it seems like the things I have to do cant be done until someone else does something.... I still need to get our slideshow burned to dvd, but I cant do that until the Geek Squad comes out Saturday to set up our new laptop (thanks Mom & Dad!!) I have to print a few things out, but I can only do that at my parents (no printer here) and I am only there from 11p-7a (lol) so it has to wait until a Saturday. I am STILL waiting on about 100 RSVPs and am getting more frustrated that ppl don't have the common courtesy to respond. I am still curious to know if one bridesmaid has gotten her dress altered or not.....last I talked to her about it, she had not. But I'm not going to ask b/c I dont want to be that way about it - if she does it, great. If not, great. The longer you wait, the more expensive it is to do b/c it has to be done quicker. But there's enough on my plate to worry about it. I started the packing process last night....Jay laughed at me, but he knows better than anyone my OCD pattern and I have to make lists and start packing early so I dont forget anything. He, on the other hand, would be content to pack the morning of the wedding, lol. I have the majority of his stuff packed in one bag and about half of my stuff packed in another bag, and it's going to take another for our shoes and toiletry stuff. Hopefully we can get it all without having to pay the baggage fee. We get one free checked bag each and two small/medium size carry-ons. So if we check our clothes bags and carry on the laptop and other bag, we should be fine. I like to talk things out in my writing, in case you hadn't noticed.
It will be SO nice to get back to normal....or at least, what our new normal will be with his new schedule and the freedom of not having to drive at night anymore. I cant wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment