Boy, after reading my brother's blog yesterday (or starting to, anyway) - I feel so illiterate. He writes such eloquent, long posts and mine are so trivial. But it's really a way for me to unwind, no matter what time of day. This job has a LOT of downtime and I do a lot of things around the house for them, too, but still after that is all done, I'm.....well, bored. It helps me to write things down that I'm feeling, or things that I need to do - I'm very visual and writing helps me to remember things. It also relieves a little stress, which I'm starting to get more of. Everyone asks "how are you dealing with the stress of planning a wedding?" but to be honest - I really have not felt stressed. We got SO much done right off the bat that, as time is drawing near, there really isn't much left to do. We have everything we need for the reception, minus the food, all that's left is to get it all set up Friday morning except balloons. We have three people designated to come in Saturday afternoon to blow up the 60+ balloons and put them on all the tables. The rest of the setting up we will be doing on Friday afternoon after the luncheon and before the rehearsal. We aren't using any ceremony decoration other than pew bows and those will be set up on Friday as well. Tomorrow I can burn the dvd and mail it to the guy doing the video slideshow for us and that will be a big relief to have finished.
I got a couple more RSVPs this morning and I re-wrote my invitation list in Excel to figure out how many ppl have actually RSVPed and how many have not. I had it all colored out in "these are coming for sure," "these i THINK will come," "these cannot come" and so on, so forth and it was getting way too confusing. So now it's a little more clear - these ppl have RSVPed one way or another and these have not. To be honest, that's been the most frustrating and stressful part for me - not knowing what to expect when the day comes. Will we have enough food if 50 more ppl show up that didn't RSVP? I know more than likely we'll have more than enough, but still - these are my worries.
5 work days til my week off (woot!!!)
15 days til girls' party!
19 days til Miller dinner (fun!!)
21 days til the wedding
No comments:
Post a Comment