Sunday, January 23, 2011

My birthday gift to me....

.....I quit my job last week. Happy birthday to me! It's been a long time coming - so many reasons that I won't list here, but I am happy to be free. My last day will be on the 4th....it will come both quickly and slowly. I will miss the class (a little) but I will really miss my sweet girl. I've been working with her for two years now and to say we are bonded is an understatement. I hated having to do this to her in the middle of a school year, but it's time....in more ways than one.

I've really had a peace about it since the moment I sent my notice....it is what God has for us and only the first step to the rest of our lives...in a lot of ways.

Healthwise....financially.....emotionally....it will be better.

On another note, I'm down 1.5 lbs this week, which is shocking to me since I haven't been able to really get much exercise in the last two weeks due to the snow and the park being paved (and they're taking their sweet time getting it done) - so hopefully this week I can get back out there and pedal that bike like I'm in the Olympics. :)

1 comment:

mamalinda said...

1.5 lbs.....I'd take that....you're doing GREAT