Sunday, March 8, 2009

March 8, 2009

I love the time change in spring - I know it stinks that we lose an hour of sleep, but it is so great to have the extra daylight in the evening. I think one of the hardest changes for me when I was nannying was when we lost that hour of daylight and it felt like I was getting home SO late (okay, it WAS late, but you know what I mean) since it was always dark when I left. Right now it's 7pm and still complete daylight outside - I love it!

My blogging has really slowed down these last couple of weeks - I dont sit at the computer all day like I did when I nannied. My job has purpose now, lol. :) This week has been busy - I worked with various kids when people were out, and also started working with Z, a little boy I will have from 12-3 every single day. It was fun to connect with him and start learning his little personality. My schedule changed yet again on Thursday, prompting me to have to buy a new dayplanner b/c I (like a dumb person) wrote in marker on my old one. I like color, what can I say? So I got a new one and wrote in pencil this time. And for the record, if I hadn't filled in the next 3 months in marker, I wouldn't have bought a new one.

So my schedule (for now) is pretty decent - I was looking forward to not having to work late afternoons at all, but with the new schedule I have a few late afternoons, and it's not so bad. Here's a look at my weekly schedule now:

Monday: 8:30-11:30 with L at the center
11:30-12:00 with the lunch-bunch at center
12:00-3:00 with Z at the center
3:30-5:30 with A at her house

Tuesday: 9:00-11:00 with N at the center
11:30-12:00 with the lunch-bunch at center
12:00-3:00 with Z at the center
3:30-5:30 with A at her house

Wednesday: 8:30-11:30 with L at the center
11:30-12:00 with lunch-bunch at center
12:00-3:00 with Z at the center

Thursday: 11:30-12:00 with lunch-bunch at center
12:00-3:00 with Z at the center
3:30-5:30 with A at her house

Friday: 9:00-11:00 with N at center
11:30-12:00 with lunch-bunch at center
12:00-3:00 with Z at center

As you can see, no day has the exact same schedule, and Monday and Tuesday are my long days, but the other three days are a piece of cake! Thursday I dont even go in until 11:30, and doing lunch-bunch is totally optional. I'm the "extra" in there, and I do it if I need the extra hours. I'm very happy with it and I love this job. I haven't met N yet but I've heard he's a sweet and funny little boy. I also haven't met A yet but have been told she is very high-functioning and I think I can make it through 2 hours with her programs.

I love my job. :)

Today has been a long one - Jay left about 4:30 this morning to meet his friends in Atlanta for the Nascar race. It's tough on me for a few reasons and I wont get into it here. I'll just be glad when he's back.

I took Baylee and Bella to my parents' house today to finish cleaning and eat lunch with them. I was happy with Bella's behavior for the most part - she was very shy at first but warmed up quicker than she usually does. Baylee, of course, was the Queen as always.

No comments: