Three more days left of my job.....I am feeling both happy and sad. Sad, only b/c I will miss my sweet girl. I've been with her every day for 2 years and it's hard to leave her knowing that on Monday she is going to be so confused. I can't just walk away from her though - we'll still go on outings and things once in awhile - now I can "legally" drive her places! I'm happy to be finally free of the autocratic rules of the company....happy that I no longer have to worry about what the next schedule change will bring...what kind of behaviors I'm going to have to brace myself for...what kind of disappointment I'm going to have to face when I realize that again I was not given the promotion that was promised to me 6 months ago. I was told today by one supervisor that if it's in my future plans, they would love to have me back one day...I said thanks while secretly laughing within.
I'm currently baking my first loaf of bread in my new bread machine that Mom got me for my birthday. It's smelling a little burnt....I'm hoping that's just the "newness" of it. I keep checking on it and it does not look anything like a loaf of bread.....it's not evened out or anything. I guess we'll see how it goes. The directions mention several times how important it is to be precise in your measurements.....I'm not the greatest at that. Plus, I used all-purpose flour instead of bread flour, but I've done that before with an oven-baked loaf and it was fine. Guess we'll see. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment