Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Finally free! (and a slight rant...)

It felt SO good to walk out of there last Friday and no that "he" no longer had any control over me and I didn't have to be sucked up in the power game anymore. It was perfect timing - a lot of things were thrown at the employees this week regarding rules and new things and I know I would have been on the really uncomfortable end of that, so I'm all the more grateful for God's timing in this. I had really planned to wait until May to leave, so I wouldn't have to leave Abby in the lurch with a new therapist in the middle of the school year, but God had other plans for me (and us!) and it's been perfect, as His timing always is. There are brand new (pretty much) therapists now taking the lead test and getting lead kids, when others who have been there 3x as long are still being ignored. A friend of mine has been there longer than I had been and though she has lead kids, they are all afternoons (3:30-5:30 slots) - there just isn't enough physical time in the week to get it all done, and she has asked multiple times for morning slots, which are available, and they pretty much told her to get over it. Now I consider her one of the better leads - she's been there a long time, knows how to do it, and actually does something instead of sitting around on her computer like some of the leads do during the entire session. Yet...the new people who haven't even been employed for more than 3 months are getting slots like that. The original rule (and handbook still states) that you have to have been there for at LEAST 6 months to even be considered to begin lead training. However, if you suck up enough and are in the "in" crowd, you can do whatever you want, ask for whatever you want, actually get communication back, etc. Seniority means nothing anymore and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way they play favorites. I'm trying to help two different friends find other jobs so they can get out of there also - both are desperately looking. So if you know of anything, childcare-wise or maybe even office jobs, let me know so I can pass it along!

On other notes, Jay's job is supposedly hiring again soon. They usually hire around 5, but rumor has it this time they will be hiring 60 (around the entire plant). This would be HUGE for us - I can't begin to tell you how much this would help us financially. We could be totally debt free in a matter of months. We're both trying not to hold our breaths, b/c we did last time and it was a big letdown. He's been a temp there for almost 3 years and is in the top 2 of all seniority to be hired...if that's the way they choose to hire. With them, you never really know. It's such a great, stable job and the benefits from being permanent would be so wonderful, especially right now. I don't know when we'll know anything for sure, if it's even a definite thing, but we'll continue praying!

1 comment:

mamalinda said...

Pray without ceasing....