Monday, October 4, 2010

October 4, 2010

Wow, it's been an entire season since I last updated! Sorry for the delay, not that you were on the edge of your seat wondering what's been going on in my life, but it's been a busy summer!

Here's a quick summary of the last few months --

***We went to Indiana in early July for Jay's brother Chad's wedding - it was a beautiful wedding and a great (whirlwind) weekend!

***In early August, we got our 4th (and LAST) beagle for Jay's hunting pack - a puppy named Dixie. She is definitely her own little personality and is going to be a good hunter for him. She's extremely hard-headed but very sweet.

***Fall schedules started at my job and I *finally* am considered a "lead therapist" now. This will be great for our budget. :)

***Jay was promised to be hired "permanently" at Cryovac (meaning HUGE pay raise and great benefits) but at the last minute they screwed him over and didn't even have the courtesy to tell him themselves. So he is still there while searching for a job that will appreciate him the way they should (Can you tell I'm still pretty pissed about this?)

***I quit taking Reliv in August...it had been 6+ months and I saw absolutely no change whatsoever, so I'm even more convinced that it's just a marketing ploy to make money in those barely-legal pyramid schemes. Also found out that it was the reason I suddenly became lactose-intolerant AND had sudden cycle issues....went off it and everything has gone back to normal....an interesting fact that has not gone unnoticed to me and others I have talked to who have the same feelings.

***I started my own business recently - making baby shower favors, diaper cakes, gift baskets, and lots more! They can be shipped anywhere in the US, so check it out sometime - http://miller-diapercakes.webs.com

***Today is our 2-year anniversary. We're going to the beach Friday-Monday for a mini-vacation that we both are in need of. :)

Guess those are the main highlights. I won't promise to update more, b/c it probably won't happen. :) Have a great week!

3 comments:

Susan Sene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Sene said...

Reliv is a very reputable company:

- Publicly traded company (NASDAQ:RELV)

- Longtime member of Direct Selling Association, which requires member companies to adhere to a strict code of ethics

- Longtime member of the Council for Responsible Nutrition, where Relìv Vice Chairman and Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Carl W. Hastings serves on the board

- Grade of ‘A’ on the Better Business Bureau rating scale

- Featured as a top small company in Forbes, Fortune and BusinessWeek magazines

- 22-year history of proven success and ethical business practices

We also feed over 40,000 children every day for free in many different countries with the Kalogris Foundation - something I am very proud to be a part of. https://www.relivkalogrisfoundation.org/US/EN/home.html

I love this company and what they stand for. I can't refute what I've seen change in my family's health and I'm excited about what the business will be able to provide for my family.

MillerFourWays said...

Just b/c it has good ratings on the BBB and is on the stock exchange doesnt make it a perfect fit for everyone. I had a lot of questions going into it and was never able to get those answered to my satisfaction. Reliv had negative effects on both Jay and I and we took it exactly the way we were told to. It caused my lactose intolerance and serious cycle changes for me and it made him literally sick every time he took it. In my opinion it's just another pyramid-type company selling overpriced & unnecessary products. I'm better off taking a basic multivitamin and that's what works for me. If Reliv works for you, that's great, if not, that's great, too. Everyone has the right to do what's best for THEM. :)