Hard to believe October is almost over. It's my favorite month of the year, for several reasons. Our anniversary is this month, and the leaves really begin changing, and I love love love the transition to cooler weather. Anyone who knows me knows I HATE hot weather and I HATE being hot at all, so summer is not my forte. I think fall is so nice for me b/c it's just a relief from the cool weather. I'm always happy to see it come and sad to see it fade away into winter.
October has been a month of many changes for me. If you follow my blog, you'll know that just two weeks ago I radically changed my diet and exercise habits. I lost 12 lbs the first week, which I'm sure was mostly water weight due to the drastic drop in sodium, but hey, pounds are pounds. This week I've been proud to say I've lost another FOUR pounds!!! I've been working really hard to keep my calorie and sodium count down and keep up with at least 30-45 minutes of heavy exercise every day.
I can really see a difference in my clothing as well - my shirts are too big now and my jeans are getting roomy.....I haven't tried on the next size down just yet....I'm a little chicken to find out that they still wont fit, but I'll do it one of these days.
Jay wanted to go to dinner last night. It was the first time eating out since I've started this new life and I was very uneasy about it. We went to Ruby Tuesday since they have a big salad bar and I had one plate with oil & vinegar dressing - I ate the healthiest I possibly could but I still don't feel great about it. There were a lot of things I could have eaten at home for the calories put into that salad, but I have to learn how to make the wisest choices when we do eat out, so might as well get used to it.
I've been keeping a detailed food journal every day - writing down what I eat and how many milligrams of sodium it has, along with how many calories it has. I also write down how many calories I burn each day (I LOVE that Wii Fit calculator!!).
I feel so much better than I've ever felt - I have so much more energy and I don't feel like I need to munch all the time. I finally feel like this is my new life, not just a fad I'm doing temporarily.
More updates next Saturday!
2 comments:
Sooooo proud of your weight loss accomplishments.....I KNOW it's not easy, but the right decisions make you feel so much better, don't they?
They really do!! It's been great to find something that finally works!
Post a Comment